Thread: Taking tea at Aberglasney gardens

rob marshall

Taking tea at Aberglasney gardens

Shot with a Canon 5D MK2 and 24-104mm.

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: Taking tea at Aberglasney gardens

Beautiful as always, Rob. May I ask what is that bright green thing on the left wall, near the intersection of the two buildings? It looks like a tree growing off the wall/hanging in the air and is slightly distracting to me.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    Beautiful as always, Rob. May I ask what is that bright green thing on the left wall, near the intersection of the two buildings? It looks like a tree growing off the wall/hanging in the air and is slightly distracting to me.
    You may ask, but I can't tell you! My wife would know (she's a botanist), but if I ask her she will clock up another notch on the 'ignoramus board' I had problems with the colours as I had to boost them a lot in RAW due to it being entirely a reflection shot in the pond - the colours tend to come out murky.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    she will clock up another notch on the 'ignoramus board' I had problems with the colours as I had to boost them a lot in RAW due to it being entirely a reflection shot in the pond - the colours tend to come out murky.
    I guess I am lucky, my board's already full My wife only asks for my opinion to confirm what not to do And those colors don't look murky to me

Shot with a Canon 5D MK2 and 24-104mm.

I really like this one in particular, Rob. Maybe, I'm just having one of those curiouser and curiouser days but it looks as if there really is another world in the water with people having tea. Maybe, it's the ripples or, maybe, beause all the green has an underwater mossy looking feel to it. It makes it funny that there's a life preserver (is that what you call them in "English"?) on the wall - what would a fish need with one of those anyway?

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I really like this one in particular, Rob. Maybe, I'm just having one of those curiouser and curiouser days but it looks as if there really is another world in the water with people having tea. Maybe, it's the ripples or, maybe, beause all the green has an underwater mossy looking feel to it. It makes it funny that there's a life preserver (is that what you call them in "English"?) on the wall - what would a fish need with one of those anyway?
    Just exactly what did you go shopping for in NYC?

Seriously (because I am from now on) I think what makes any shot more interesting and stand-out is the suggestion that there might be an alternative view/world beyond what is simply displayed. It's the same with fiction - you imagine worlds and scenarios that are more than what is printed on the page. Er.... um.... fumble... isn't that what 'art' is?

Real Name
    Kay

all I can say is - we're glad you were only 'taking tea' this time.... one could not have coped with another whole 'ice cream & flake' scenario thingy

Just exactly what did you go shopping for in NYC?
    Er, nothing.... well, there were those champagne flavoured chocolates from Rockefeller Center (which had nothing to do with Freud, btw!)

Seriously (because I am from now on)
    Oh, NO! Surely, you're seriously joking. Not always....

I think what makes any shot more interesting and stand-out is the suggestion that there might be an alternative view/world beyond what is simply displayed.
    You know, this describes perfectly why I love photography.

It's the same with fiction - you imagine worlds and scenarios that are more than what is printed on the page. Er.... um.... fumble... isn't that what 'art' is?
    And, this is where I say "flappity doodle" but only because I just typed something out and, then, lost it going to look for a link! I think that I said something like....

I'm sure - partly - definitely. Mom, sister and I just saw an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art of the fashion designs of Alexander McQueen. I never realized how much "just" an "outfit" could bring so much emotion, drama, sense of story and the idea of another, alternate world - connected to ours. (grr, I said it better, last time.) The exhibit was really moving and is still kind of "with us". It was incredible to see those gowns up close. For example: THIS.

Anyway, I'm only going on about the exhibit but I'm sure you're right.

BTW, it's so good to see the Welsh dragon, again!