Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First try at baseball

Real Name
    Randy

First try at baseball

Went to the local highschool last weekend and took few shots, here's my favorite.

print-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donald; 12th April 2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Image inserted inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: First try at baseball

Randy

You almost got these with the posting image. I've posted it into your message so that we can see it at a bigger size. If you haven't done so, read through this thread to help you get the final part of the action (to get them larger than a thumbnail).

I like it. There's lots of energy and action.

There's a lot of 'empty' space in the foreground and I wondered if a tighter crop that took the bottom up, would make it even more 'action-packed in appearance?

The other thing I'd be tempted to do is clone out the legs that appear in at the top of the frame. Don't know if you've practiced any cloning yet. It's a skill worth having for those moments when you get legs (and other things) creeping into frames.
    Last edited by Donald; 12th April 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Real Name
    Randy

Re: First try at baseball

Thanks Donald, I'm reading the thread now. I've did a little cloning on faces but never thought about those legs, great idea. They are distracting to the action. I made the mistake of shooting vertical, thats why so much foreground. I was set up for a pic-off move and the runner took off to steal, I should have fliped.

Randy