Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: An Old Man from Oman

Real Name
    Ghanim

An Old Man from Oman

Not all of the photos are good, some bad and some in between.

An Old Man from Oman

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: An Old Man from Oman

This is really nice, Ghanim. It shows a lot of character on his face. In my opinion, your shot can benefit further with a tighter cropping so that the eyes rests on the top 1/3 of the frame. A little extra contrast and sharpening would also help maybe. I did a minor edit, something like this:

An Old Man from Oman

Yes my first thoughts were that there is a good photo there but it just needs a little more contrast and sharpness.

I think I may have used a fraction less sharpening on his cheeks and forehead than Willie's edit, but that is quite close to being a perfect photo now.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ghanim

I felt your image was flatter than your previous work. I felt the man's face did not stand out against the background. However, you have again managed to get your subject to strike a powerful pose. The image gives us an insight into the man's personality.

I think Willie's suggestion does bring out the facial features of the man. Although I might not have gone so far with the adjustments - but that is a matter of personal taste and choice.

But, it remains clear that you have a great talent for photographing people in a way that shows their natural character.
    Last edited by Donald; 12th April 2011 at 07:30 AM.

Real Name
    Ghanim

As stated before, I am not that prof in PS. I like what you have done. it gave the photo an additional depth.
    Thank you for the copy right stamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    This is really nice, Ghanim. It shows a lot of character on his face. In my opinion, your shot can benefit further with a tighter cropping so that the eyes rests on the top 1/3 of the frame. A little extra contrast and sharpening would also help maybe. I did a minor edit, something like this:

An Old Man from Oman

Real Name
    Ghanim

Donald,
    That it is why I said that the photos quality is not the same always. Photography is just my hoppy when I can have some time for it with very simple equipments (Nikon d5000 and 18-55mm kit) even has no motor to run AF for most lenses.
    For the photography talent, I still have a doubt when comparing my work with other members of the Omani photography club but you support me so thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Ghanim

I felt your image was flatter than your previous work. I felt the man's face did not stand out against the background. However, you have again managed to get your subject to strike a powerful pose. The image gives us an insight into the man's personality.

I think Willie's suggestion does bring out the facial features of the man. Although I might not have gone so far with the adjustments - but that is a matter of personal taste and choice.

But, it remains clear that you have a great talent for photographing people in a way that shows their natural character.

Real Name
    Ghanim