Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sticky Balls and Metamorphosis

Sticky Balls and Metamorphosis

Come on admit it. When you were a kid did you mix different household cleaning chemicals together to see the reaction - empty gunpowder out of fireworks and make your own hand grenades - well I found myself still curious when I saw what a petrol soaked cloth did to polystyrene packing. I was a bit light headed but my curiosity was satisfied.

And then the fumes kicked in........

Real Name
    Elise

Re: Sticky Balls and Metamorphosis

Not having a Y-chromosome, I kind of don't get the impulse, but I do like the pictures -- the first one after the fumes kicked in made me laugh. Very cool.

P.S. I couldn't imagine what I was going to find when I clicked on the link, after having read the title -- yet another reason for responsible phone companies to block CiC for their users . . .

Real Name
    Chris

You know, they make some pretty good pharmaceuticals that will do the same thing for you and are less of a health risk...breathing polypro while burning is not a good idea.

P.S. I couldn't imagine what I was going to find when I clicked on the link, after having read the title -- yet another reason for responsible phone companies to block CiC for their users . . .
    Elise

With only 22 views I fear that I may have scared people off with that title. This was an attempt to get something a little different but I fear something went awry in the execution.

You know, they make some pretty good pharmaceuticals that will do the same thing for you and are less of a health risk...breathing polypro while burning is not a good idea.

you are right I will seek some advice from Rob

Real Name
    Raylee

Well I really like the last 2. Dali eat your heart out.

Can you tell us your setup please Steve? I hope you were doing this outside and not in the house.

R

I really like the last two.

Real Name
    Wendy

Far out man!

Seriously though, I love the last one. It's like and enchanted (but weird) garden. #1 and 2 look like an eyeball hanging out of its socket OR some kind of alien life form. I like the first and last one the best.
    Styrofoam and gasoline eh, hmmmm

Wendy

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Very interesting stuff. I feel much better about myself now.

Chuck

Well I really like the last 2. Dali eat your heart out.

Can you tell us your setup please Steve? I hope you were doing this outside and not in the house.
    Thanks Raylee....er yes it was in the house but WireVixen was out....so thats ok then. I did the dangerous bit outside and then brought the melted goo inside. Stunk the place out though.

The set up is simply a lightbox with 50W daylight spot to the left and a LED flashlight to high light the darker areas. The fire hazard was low because I saturated the light box spraying water on my daffodil....that sounds bad does n't it
    Seriously though, I love the last one. It's like and enchanted (but weird) garden. #1 and 2 look like an eyeball hanging out of its socket OR some kind of alien life form. I like the first and last one the best.
    Styrofoam and gasoline eh, hmmmm
    Thanks Wendy, thats my pick of the bunch too. Petrol is getting a little expensive for throwing around on photography projects though. Many years ago you used to be able to save little tokens up an get a set of rustically coloured (**** brown) 1970's soup bowls...given the cost of petrol these days I believe they are thinking of issuing tokens to save for a house or was it an F16. Still it keeps Daffy high in the opinion polls. A government can justify anything rather than face 600 angry truckers queuing outside your local Tesco filling station for a cup full of diesel

I really like the last two.
    Thanks Katy....at least I got the camera out of it's bag

Very interesting stuff. I feel much better about myself now.
    Glad to hear it chuck....I am sure you never doubted your surreality really - its all good stuff