Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Went back to the dance studio today

Real Name
    Chris

Went back to the dance studio today

with a different dancer but the weather outside was horrid and my natural light was even worse...lots of noise so I went with B&W to at least tone it down some (and some gaussian blurs, despeckling, noise reduction, etc., etc. and so forth). The two images here are one inthe same with a different crop on the second...Which do you think works best and can you live with just the point shoe stopped and everything else ina spin motion?

rob marshall

Re: Went back to the dance studio today

I like all of these dance shots that are being posted recently (from several people). it's a good subject. What ISO were you using here? Is that why you had noise?

Real Name
    Shane Kupono Costa

I have to agree with Rob, the dance shots are incredible! I personally prefer the first crop. Don't know why, I think maybe just because she's taller.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    I like all of these dance shots that are being posted recently (from several people). it's a good subject. What ISO were you using here? Is that why you had noise?
    I had to shoot at 640 or else could not stop anything. It was just one of those dark and scary days..I probably should have shot lightning shots as they were dancing across the sky from end to end. Also, part of the problem is the room is painted this nasty mauve color, the mirrors are old and spotted, and only one window...next shoot there, I will bring a large backdrop and a few nicely diffused lights.

Real Name
    Chris

You should be able to readily see the noise in this shot...I did some minor despeckling and noise reduction, but it is still kinda yucky. There is almost no PP in this shot outside ACR fiddling.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    can you live with just the point shoe stopped and everything else ina spin motion?

Most definitely - A very cool idea it looks terrific