Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Present for Camellia (Raylee)

Real Name
    Chris

A Present for Camellia (Raylee)

These are the first two Camellias I've seen bloom thus far. Given our very cold winter, I am quite surprised to see them come in this early. My Crocuses are also right on the verge of hitting full bloom.

Real Name
    Michelle.

Re: A Present for Camellia (Raylee)

Lovely! I used to have some awesome Camellias, but rented out the house while overseas and the tenants did a great job destroying them. Not even a dead stump left when we got back. Very sad. I miss them.
    Michelle.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Chris! I love camellias. I can't wait for mine to flower. I was thinking in the last couple of days that I'm looking forward to photographing them.

I should explain my screen name. I've always loved Coco Chanel. Her favourite flower was the camellia and she used it in her fashion. I named my cat Camellia. I had my cat for 16 years and dearly miss her. When she died, I designed a camellia pendant in her memory and my jeweller friend Phillip made it for me. I remember her by her name and the beautiful flower.

Now I've gotten all sentimental. I'll just find a corner...

Thank you again Chris.

R

Real Name
    Chris

I wondered about the name combined with a lily then the name with none of the three having a common denominator...and everyone knew her as Nancy...da-da-da, la-la- lah...ahhhhhhhhh.
    These came from my friend's Day Lily farm. We are both watching the plants to see how they are going to fare after such a brutal winter (for these parts, anyway). Glad you have enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    Thanks Chris! I love camellias. I can't wait for mine to flower. I was thinking in the last couple of days that I'm looking forward to photographing them.

I should explain my screen name. I've always loved Coco Chanel. Her favourite flower was the camellia and she used it in her fashion. I named my cat Camellia. I had my cat for 16 years and dearly miss her. When she died, I designed a camellia pendant in her memory and my jeweller friend Phillip made it for me. I remember her by her name and the beautiful flower.

Now I've gotten all sentimental. I'll just find a corner...

Thank you again Chris.

R