Thread: A bit of splash for Summer

Real Name
    Janis

A bit of splash for Summer

A bit of splash for Summer

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A bit of splash for Summer

So, now we know you can ignore a lot of what I was pratelling (sp?) on about in that last post to you. You DO know how to make good images.

That's lovely.

Real Name
    Janis

Thanks Donald. It helps when someone can give you guidance.

Real Name
    Will

After the last thread started by you this image totally surprised me, better than anything I have taken yet. The first picture was quite refreshing with the bright colors and unique setup. Keep working on the pictures, add some post processing to the work flow and enter the contests. In a contest I have to say I would seriously consider this picture.

-Sonic

Real Name
    Janis

Thank you for your input. I was surprised and happy that you made such a compliment. I still get frustrated with my camera as I still haven't worked out how to get it right with the shutter speed etc. By taking a heap of photos with different settings I pick out the one I like the best. Eventually as Donald said with a lot of practice it all may come together. Off to Melbourne this week so I hope to take lots of photos. Thanks again appreciate everything you have said.
    Janis

Real Name
    Rob Douglas

I love the lighting, colors, and composition. Very nice image indeed. It seams to be coming together for you nicely. Don't worry about trying to get the perfect shot the first time, everything will just start to come together naturally all in good time. After a while you will be more in tune with your camera and be able to look at something and have an idea of what YOU want it to look like, make a few setting adjustments, and take the shot. Next thing you know you got it in a shot or two

Real Name
    Cheri

Your picture does remind me of summer and yes as Rob said everything will come together naturally in time. My shutter times came together when I started taking pictures of birds and trying to freeze their wing action and now I know what setting will give me what I am looking for. Just keep on taking pictures especially actions shots and it will come together for you. This site has great tutorials and I am going through them and adding to my notes. Have fun taking pictures

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Janis and welcome to CiC. That is a nice part of the world you live in.

I did miss your first post and went back to have a look. If your progression is this fast I might as well hang up my camera now.

Well done.