Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Windmills Zaanse Schans - Holland

Windmills Zaanse Schans - Holland

Hi again,

the view was exellent and I decided to take shots for panorama with my Panasonic FZ50. Comments please

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Windmills Zaanse Schans - Holland

would love to see it in colour Tari, looks as if too much middle grey for an ideal mono

Real Name
    David

Hi Tari - I like the composition and subject - it reminds me of paintings by Jacob Ruisdael eg: http://www.rijksmuseum.nl

I might have found a way to enhance the cloud structure to give it a bit more drama.

Cheers

David

I agree with the previous two comments - however - it is a very interesting composition - it looks like it was taken in a bygone era. Did you try it with a sepia finish?

Cheers, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
    would love to see it in colour Tari, looks as if too much middle grey for an ideal mono
    Hi csrisscross
    I converted the photo to BW just because the colour one is... well, it is disaster. It was late afternoon with alot of defuse shine, no contrast at all and I did not want to spoil it with noise (wich usualy happens alot with my camera), so the original is very dark. After playing in PS original is more like very bad HDR.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Tari - I like the composition and subject - it reminds me of paintings by Jacob Ruisdael eg: http://www.rijksmuseum.nl

I might have found a way to enhance the cloud structure to give it a bit more drama.

Cheers

David
    Hi David

Thanx. I didn't know what to expect from final panorama due to the conditions I mentioned to crisscross. All I was hopping to get atleast a good composition.
    I tried to enhance the cloud structure and this is the best I could get... otherwise it was to much noise even for denoiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I agree with the previous two comments - however - it is a very interesting composition - it looks like it was taken in a bygone era. Did you try it with a sepia finish?

Cheers, Richard.
    Hi Richard

I didn't try sephia but I know I will play with it. I took photos with bracket (+-1EV) so I still have to try how HDR will look

Real Name
    Richard

Lovely image - so peaceful. I do like the colored version best. The pastel colors are beautiful.

If it were mine, I would consider cropping it a little tighter on the left side, somewhere between the third windmill and the high rise structures on the far shore.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 18th November 2008 at 06:00 AM.

Real Name
    David

TARI - Wow, that colour version looks good! A simple method for enhancing the clouds would be to duplicate the image in your software so you have two layers. Blend them using multipy and then carefully erase the river, windmills and so on using a soft brush on the duplicate layer. If the clouds look too much at that point reduce the opacity of the layer. Merge and your done.

David

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TARI View Post
    Hi csrisscross
    I converted the photo to BW just because the colour one is... well, it is disaster. It was late afternoon with alot of defuse shine, no contrast at all and I did not want to spoil it with noise (wich usualy happens alot with my camera), so the original is very dark. After playing in PS original is more like very bad HDR.
    Hi Tari

I think the colour one is fine and has a lot of potential. You have posted very small, but it looks possible to keep noise down in the sky selectively as David says, to my eye toning the greens a bit to yellow-brown and pulling up the mauve-pink (in the river/canal at left)

Chris
    Last edited by crisscross; 4th December 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Hi Tari,

My enhanced version of the same ..adjusted the curve a bit and sharpened 40+

Regards
    Ajith
    Attached Images Attached Images