Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rain Rain Rain....

Real Name
    Jimmy

Rain Rain Rain....

Might as well make due with the crappy weather we have been having here, makes some pretty nice photos!

C&C is welcome as usual!

Rain Rain Rain....

ExposureTime - 1/100 seconds
    FNumber - 8.00
    ISOSpeedRatings - 1000
    Flash - Not fired
    FocalLength - 40.00 mm

Rain Rain Rain....

ExposureTime - 1/200 seconds
    FNumber - 5.60
    ISOSpeedRatings - 640
    Flash - Not fired
    FocalLength - 40.00 mm

Real Name
    pinaki

Re: Rain Rain Rain....

I like the 1st one for excellent details and nice colour. I wonder whether multiple small drops would be better!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The second image is a style that I always find especially challenging to successfully make and I'm jealous of how well you made that happen. As my eye wanders through the very interesting parts of your image, my attention always eventually returns "home" to the long, vertical blade that has the largest water droplet on it. Very nicely done and it's a lot harder to do than most people might think!

Real Name
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by pinakibaidya View Post
    I like the 1st one for excellent details and nice colour. I wonder whether multiple small drops would be better!
    Morning Pinaki, thanks for the feedback, i actualy thought exactly the same thing and tried to added some with a water mist bottle but they would pearl towards the little pool instantly

Real Name
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    The second image is a style that I always find especially challenging to successfully make and I'm jealous of how well you made that happen. As my eye wanders through the very interesting parts of your image, my attention always eventually returns "home" to the long, vertical blade that has the largest water droplet on it. Very nicely done and it's a lot harder to do than most people might think!
    Hey Mike, thanks a ton for the feedback! i was really pleased with the result too. dealing with the wind was the biggest challenge... everything would go out of focus all the time hehe

Real Name
    Christina

Lovely photos, I too love #2... I actually tried a few shots like these yesterday which did not turn out, and now I know what they should look like

Real Name
    Greg

I prefer the first one, Jimmy. There is plenty for the mind to explore in the labyrinth above and below the main leaf, but that large drop keeps dragging the eye back. Well done.

Real Name
    Jon

Jimmy, I also like the first one best...how much water can it hold? Maybe a little bit more?

Real Name
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Jimmy, I also like the first one best...how much water can it hold? Maybe a little bit more?
    Good Morning Jon!

I actualy tried to add some water and the leaf emptied itself out and i had to redo it, i would say that it was at max capacity