Thread: Bacardi Breezer - Relaxing Time

Real Name
    Raj

Bacardi Breezer - Relaxing Time

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to reach position Perfect?

Note: Please suggest, if you have clicked the image then what prop you would have used instead of Watch

Thanks

Bacardi Breezer - Relaxing Time

EXIF Info:
    Camera: Sony Alpha 57
    Aperture: F22
    Shutter Speed: 30 seconds
    ISO: 100
    Lens Used: Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM
    Focal Length: 50mm

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bacardi Breezer - Relaxing Time

Raj

Can you tell us why you assembled the pieces in this way; i.e. why was the watch included? Was there a particular reason? I think this will help others respond to your question.

Real Name
    tom dinning

There's two, possibly three predominant subjects in the photo and only two have an obvious connection. If this was to be a commercial shot you would need to either make a connection or dump one of the objects or replace one with something that ties the whole thing together. Continuing on the commercial idea, you will also need to give a bit more space for the logo and script either at the bottom or top right.
    The lighting is a bit off as well. The spotlight effect is best worked with one of the subjects and allow the ambient light from the spot to illuminate the rest.
    Of cause, if this shot has no commercial intention then its been a nice experiment and I'm sure you have learnt something from the exercise. As for perfection, well, that's another story. Please tell me you're kidding.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Raj

Can you tell us why you assembled the pieces in this way; i.e. why was the watch included? Was there a particular reason? I think this will help others respond to your question.
    Thanks for taking interest in it I assembled it in this way because my main focus was on Bacardi bottle then watch and then the object on which the bottle is there. Moreover i choose these positions to create a negetive space on the right so that everybody should see the bottle first and i placed the watch on the right to fill the space I need a small object so that i should know disrupt my negetive space and should also fill the frame. I chose watch to convey the message that it's relaxing time and we should drink Bacardi to relax

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by tomdinning View Post
    There's two, possibly three predominant subjects in the photo and only two have an obvious connection. If this was to be a commercial shot you would need to either make a connection or dump one of the objects or replace one with something that ties the whole thing together. Continuing on the commercial idea, you will also need to give a bit more space for the logo and script either at the bottom or top right.
    The lighting is a bit off as well. The spotlight effect is best worked with one of the subjects and allow the ambient light from the spot to illuminate the rest.
    Of cause, if this shot has no commercial intention then its been a nice experiment and I'm sure you have learnt something from the exercise. As for perfection, well, that's another story. Please tell me you're kidding.
    Thanks for giving your precious time in reviewing the image I really appreciate the suggestions you provided as commercial point of view and i will use them for my next shoot.

About the light, I havnt used any spotlight or any setup for such effect, It is a Light Painting which i did only with 1 LED Torch, as i dont have any light or studio setup at my home
    It was my first attempt for the light painting to take control over highlights and shadows and was not a commercial shot but i'm looking forward for some commercial shots in future. What else do you suggest in replacing any of the object (if it was a commercial shoot for Bacardi).
    Regards

Real Name
    tom dinning

Hi Raj.
    My time isn't precious. It all belongs to my wife. She gives me bits when I'm good.
    Experimenting with subjects and light is the stuff for fun. Play with it and compare your results. Your best bet for getting ideas for commercial shots is to look at existing work and figuring out how it's done. One thing is for sure, garden knows and watches won't sell Breeze. You need youthful sexy people doing youthful sexy things while they are drinking the product, preferably not with the bottle.

Real Name
    Greg

Well the watch is supposed to tell me it is time for a drink, but 9.00am is too early for me, and 9.00pm is way too late. If it is time for a drink, where's my glass?

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by tomdinning View Post
    Hi Raj.
    My time isn't precious. It all belongs to my wife. She gives me bits when I'm good.
    Experimenting with subjects and light is the stuff for fun. Play with it and compare your results. Your best bet for getting ideas for commercial shots is to look at existing work and figuring out how it's done. One thing is for sure, garden knows and watches won't sell Breeze. You need youthful sexy people doing youthful sexy things while they are drinking the product, preferably not with the bottle.
    Thanks for the valuable suggestion, i will keep everything in mind for my next shoot

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Well the watch is supposed to tell me it is time for a drink, but 9.00am is too early for me, and 9.00pm is way too late. If it is time for a drink, where's my glass?
    lol. here in india 9.00 PM is not late I thought of keeping the glass instead of watch but as i mentioned i needed much more negative space and it is a light painting with a LED torch with no setup, so i don't have much knowledge about light painting a glass, but i will surely do some experiments and will keep glass for you with the liquor bottle to review in my near future shoot. Thanks a lot for the review