Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Contrast

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Contrast

Paul (pnodrog) sent me a PM asking why I haven't posted any pictures from my trip to New Zealand.

The reason is that I am still in shock from having to come back to Northern BC. We are having the coldest, greyest, snowiest pseudospring ever. Looking at the images from the trip is like driving a dagger into my heart. And processing requires pretty intensive looking.

New Plymouth 30C just before I left

Contrast

On arrival in Fort Saint John minus 17C (and things are only slightly better in the last three weeks, more slushy snow this weekend)

Contrast

I will post some images once I finish gnawing my leg off to escape
    Last edited by tbob; 18th April 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Contrast

Sounds like you had a great trip.

I got a bit worried when we went to NZ and my wife and older daughter were having a really serious look at the real estate ads in the local paper. Nice climate, nice people and a lot of sheep.

I got a similar reaction when my wife and younger daughter got back from Portugal a couple of weeks ago to the lovely non-spring we are having in this part of Canada too. Leaves on trees and flowers in bloom versus snow on the ground. I think they would have preferred staying there for a few more weeks.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 18th April 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

My deepest apologies. I had no idea of the climatic trauma you have suffered. Even I can tell by close examination that the photographs are taken in different parts of the world.

Real Name
    J stands for John

I think you escaped just in time as here in Otago, that is next to Southland, winter is with us temperature down to 14C ... but my son yesterday sent me a great picture taken with his I-phone in Colorado of his better half driving Bumble Bee through the snow framed with icicles hanging from shubery. Going in a photo trip this weekend and I have packed my long johns and skivy to wear under my shirt

Real Name
    Ted

My condolences Trevor, I've visited BC quite often in the past and know exactly what you mean.

My best trip in the opposite direction was from Deadhorse, Alaska to Houston, Texas - a temperature change of 95 deg F in one day!

I alway blame Canukistan for any temperature below 50 F down here

Real Name
    Lex

I traveled from Detroit in January to Key West for a dive trip early this year. -17F to 86F in just a few hours. A 103F temperature swing. Bit of a shock to the system.

Good thing the diving rocked, because Key West is terrible. Chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick? "Irish" bars with country singers? Aggressive, gin-addled Tennessee streetwalkers? Really? But at least I got a couple good photos and some .