Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: eye for an eye

Real Name
    Jason

eye for an eye

Hey all,

So awhile back i had an idea to take a picture of my reflection in an eye. I liked the concept but I didn't feel like i got everything I wanted out of it. Today I decided to give it another go. But I couldn't manage to get my reflection in the eye to show this time.

eye for an eye

this was the idea i was trying to recreate

eye for an eye

cc welcome on either,

Jason

Real Name
    Ian

Re: eye for an eye

Ermm. That makes me shudder, like some bizzare experiment gone wrong. I think I know what you meant, in a more subtle manner, but the eye detail has its own intricacies, why spoil it?

Real Name
    Jason

I know its not for everyone. the idea of the photo is to show what the eye is seeing. I didn't achieve the look i was going for the first time i had the idea. This time round I couldnt manage to get the reflection that I wanted in the eye. When I transfered the photos from my card, i ended up liking the result even though i couldnt manage to get the result i wanted.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post
    I know its not for everyone. the idea of the photo is to show what the eye is seeing. I didn't achieve the look i was going for the first time i had the idea. This time round I couldnt manage to get the reflection that I wanted in the eye. When I transfered the photos from my card, i ended up liking the result even though i couldnt manage to get the result i wanted.
    Most photographers try to prevent themselves from appearing within the image, especially reflections in windows. But this is different and I can see the artistic, scientific merits of the experiment.

Real Name
    Jason

Thanks john, I have been trying to do some different stuff lately. One of the main goals in my experimenting is to gain more control over lighting. Its honestly like relearning how to use a camera.