Thread: Printers

Real Name
    Michael

Printers

I read the thread started by "grumpy hec" mostly about Epsom printers.

So it's someones birthday the end of this month. His wife, a kind hearted woman, has bought him a Canon Pixma MG 6350 printer.

Will it lead to divorce or reafirm our 37 year love affair?

Michael

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Printers

Well, we can first of all conclude that he has a very, very nice wife (or she's someone who wants to shut him up because he's being going on about getting that b..... printer for so long now!).

If he prints pictures that she likes, then it will undoubtedly reaffirm the love that she has for him. If not, ................... we can only offer him our condolences!!

Real Name
    Dan

Canon dye-based printers produce excellent prints. I have a Pixma Pro 9000II, which is a dedicated photo printer, but for several years, I used my multi-function MP970, which is an earlier printer in the same series as the one you bought. There are quite a number of prints from that printer hanging on walls, both in my house and in other homes. The only negative comment I have received--and I have received it often--is from my wife, who requests that I put macro photos of insects in my office, not in our front hall. I'll post one.

You may find it hard to find pre-made ICC profiles from paper vendors, but other than that, you should be able to get good results.

Keep in mind that the largest factor in the quality of the print is not going to be the specific printer or, even less, the brand of printer, but how the printing is done. Results from any printer will be hit-or-miss if you don't use the right profile, assign color control to the software, calibrate your monitor, etc.

Not only our hallway walls:

Printers

Real Name
    Michael

A sage as well as photographer. Sounds like a scenario you have experienced as well Donald MacKenzie. But is the printer any good?