Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flamingos

Real Name
    Bedanta

Flamingos

Here are couple of flamingo group photos taken a few days back. My 70-300 was not long enough to isolate a single flamingo for the type of shot I was looking for. Are they any good? C&C most welcome.

Flamingos

Flamingos

Flamingos

Flamingos

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Flamingos

Hello Bedanta, love the flamingos. Your depth of field for a group of birds was too narrow at f/8 and a shutter speed of 1/800. I would have dropped the shutter speed to 1/400 or 1/500 and shot at f/16 to increase the depth of field.

Real Name
    Bedanta

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Hello Bedanta, love the flamingos. Your depth of field for a group of birds was too narrow at f/8 and a shutter speed of 1/800. I would have dropped the shutter speed to 1/400 or 1/500 and shot at f/16 to increase the depth of field.
    Yes Joe, for the group photos I should have increased the DoF. Thanks for pointing out. Next week I am planning to visit the same place, will try experimenting with various f-stops.

Trying to isolate a suitable smaller group from a large assembly is always tricky; no matter whether it is birds or people.

I would prefer to clone out the legs which are 'hanging down' from the top edge, particularly from the first image.

Otherwise, it looks good to me.