Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Majestic . . .

Real Name
    Kathy

Majestic . . .

More Colorado Vacation photos, this was by far the coolest overlook!! Thanks for looking. Comments and advice welcome!

Kathy

Majestic . . .

Majestic . . .

Majestic . . .

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Majestic . . .

Hi Kathy, I like these photos, especially the first one. The road and river through the valley along with the colors are really pretty.

I know since this forum is international that most people won't care about the specifics of where, but since I live close to where you vacationed, I would love it if you would say where you took your photos. I'm wondering if #2 & #3 are Eleven Mile Reservoir and the view from the Ranger Station in Lake George?

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    Hi Kathy, I like these photos, especially the first one. The road and river through the valley along with the colors are really pretty.

I know since this forum is international that most people won't care about the specifics of where, but since I live close to where you vacationed, I would love it if you would say where you took your photos. I'm wondering if #2 & #3 are Eleven Mile Reservoir and the view from the Ranger Station in Lake George?
    Terri,
    Thanks for looking! The first photo is on Independence Pass between Twin Lakes and Aspen. The second and third photos are somewhere in between Colorado Springs and Twin Lakes (Closer to Colorado Springs). I have posted some other photo's that are in the Twin Lakes area, not sure if you have seen them or not. Love your state of Colorado, wish I lived there. I live in Central Nebraska where is flat as a pancake! Thanks again for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Terry

Hi Kathy!

Somehow I thought this looked hauntingly familiar.

I was married in Aspen, I have close friends that live in Snow Mass Village. I have paddled a kayak on both sides of this pass (Colorado in Glenwood Canyon all runs, Roaring Fork, all runs) and crossed the Pass to get to the Arkansas. Spent a lot of happy time in this area.

As I recall there is a waterfall to your right, and behind you, even in this time of year, there has always been a patch or two of left over snow up high.

Beautiful spot and a horrifying narrow drive over and down the Pass!

Try it on a bicycle!

Very nice shot of the look.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Majestic indeed. A very fine set of images. The third one beautifully conveys the vastness of the landscape.

The bands of light and shade on the second one are wonderful. I think that building at the front, jest left of centre, really works very well in the image. It gives an anchor to the whole thing. But, way at the back on about the thirds vertical there looks like a reflection from a roof or something. Just shows up as a spot. I'd be tempted to clone that out.
    Last edited by Donald; 14th September 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Majestic indeed. A very fine set of images. The third one beautifully conveys the vastness of the landscape.

The bands of light and shade on the second one are wonderful. I think that building at the front, jest left of centre, really works very well in the image. It gives an anchor to the whole thing. But, way at the back on about the thirds vertical there looks like a reflection from a roof or something. Just shows up as a spot. I'd be tempted to clone that out.
    Thanks Donald!!

Real Name
    Joe

Very nice Kathy, well done.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Thanks Joe!!

Real Name
    Chuck

Kathy, I suspect that both the second and third photos were taken in South Park. I believe the second one was taken to the west toward Mount Princeton. I am not sure, but I suspect that the third one was also taken toward the west, perhaps from Wilkerson Pass.

I would like to know if any of my guesses are close. In any case, thanks for sharing. Brings back many memories of my youth.

Chuck

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Dave