Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hungry Spider

Real Name
    Jason

Hungry Spider

Hi Again,

I got this little jumping spider this arvo having a snack.

Cheers

J

Hungry Spider

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Hungry Spider

Jason,

Nice shot - I absolutely love jumping spiders (check out my P52 thread or blog if you're interested), and catching them while they are eating certainly seems to be the best time to photograph them as they become much less skittish. I'd hope for f/22 that you'd get a little bit more DoF than that. Was the shot taken at 1:1 magnification? I don't see the focusing distance listed in the exif.

Also, did you apply additional sharpening in PP?

- Bill

I am a bit confused on your shot because the Exif says it was taken at f/22, but the DoF there seems to be razor thin. What does that lens look like if you drop it all the way to f/2.0?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Jason,
    Good shot. I would however, have liked to see a little more of the snack it is having.

Real Name
    Jason

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is 1:1, the spider was tucked into the gap that is between the bricks of my house wall, so my angle to get to him was a bit restricted, I am not sure if that has any effect at all. I did do a little sharpening in PS. I have no doubt that there are settings that I still need to work on and technique as well, but I will master them as I love Macro, This is also cropped in to just get the spider. Here is the original, no cropping no adjustments, only resize and save as JPEG in PS.

Cheers

J

Hungry Spider