Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Two for You

Real Name
    Jason

Two for You

Hi,

These are two photos I took today. One is of vines covering a wall of an old brewery in Goulburn and the other is of some flowers from the garden of same brewery. I went with the selective colouring in the vines photo because I thought it bring a nice contrast to the photo, I know it is not everyone's cup of tea. Any C&C or thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

J

Two for You

Two for You
    Last edited by jstp; 15th July 2012 at 09:15 AM.

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Two for You

I think the first photo is interesting and I don't have a problem with the selective coloring as it is believable in this image. The only thing I might have done different would have been to compose or crop the door off center. From what I can see the vine structure on the left looks a bit more interesting, so I might have included more on the left side if that was possible. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Jason

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your feedback

Cheers

J

Real Name
    Kevin

Hi, Jason.

I think the vine picture is suffering from the "bull's-eye" effect of being too centered and resulting in a light/dark imbalance, and a symmetry that makes it feel predictable and a bit boring. I think you have an interesting image here if you do a fairly radical crop of the right side that will create two balanced elements (instead of 3 panels) with an interesting color, texture and form contrast. Hope this helps,

Kevin