Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

Real Name
    Sharon

Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

Two mono's from me for a wee change.

I think I personally prefer the dandelion, it has a more elegant aspect despite being 'just a weed'.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharon_reid_2010/7256473840/]Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

I think I prefer the first one Sharon. The light coming through the flower is really nice as is the range of tones and that water droplet is the cherry on the cake. I'd be tempted to clone out that leaf (?) bottom left and maybe (or not) just crop a little of that black space from the right. The dandelion does have a much nicer, more elegant form but less appealing to me as an image. I don't think the out of focus stem and the featureless grey background is doing this shot any favours, the flower itself is really nice though and on its own perhaps visually more interesting. Personally I have no idea what does and what doesn't constitute a weed (I'm sure some know it all will fill me in though) which drives my girlfriend to distraction and ensures that I never have to do any gardening. Ignorance is bliss.

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Fussy Flower and 'Dandy' Lion!

Thank you for taking so much time to give a comprehensive C&C Paul

Appreciate it.