Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset for the Islands

Real Name
    Allan Short

Sunset for the Islands

Took a number of images of the Toronto skyline one late afternoon/evening, ever time I open one, I work it differently, depends on how I am feeling at the time. An earlier one was very moody, this one is very bold and bright. Each and every image takes me someplace else, all C&C welcome, it is how I learn.

Cheers:

Allan

Sunset for the Islands

Re: Sunset for the Islands

Something isn't quite working for me, Allan.

I've had a look then went away and returned; and I'm still not sure.

I suspect that the sun and tower are creating a lot of impact on the left side, but the right just seems to fizzle away without adding anything.

Maybe cropping a little tighter on the right and creating a different size ratio might produce a better balance. It certainly works for me when I hold a piece of card to my screen.

And there are a couple of tiny bright lights on top of the skyline towards the right side which I would prefer to clone out.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Sunset for the Islands

Geoff, you are correct, it is good to have another person's eye look a image. It was not really working of me either and was not sure why, I guess I'm a little close to it as I took the image and worked it. I went back, cropped it tighter moving it to the left, I left the couple of bright spot on the building as I like the way the sun is reflecting off them.

Cheers:

Allan

Sunset for the Islands