Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The rain is coming

Real Name
    Miguel

The rain is coming

Hi to everybody, here is another picture of my collection.Your opinions and comments are well received.
    The rain is coming
    _13 by Pibe14, on Flickr

F8, 1/160, ISO200, 35mm

Real Name
    Nigel

Re: The rain is coming

Hi Miguel,
    A nice dramatic picture. Very dark clouds with plenty of detail in them and in the hills. The bright colour of the house acts as a nice counterpoint I think. The only thing I might do is to crop off the left a tiny bit to remove that foreground bush or foliage.

Real Name
    pinaki

Hi.I am pinaki from Darjeeling.Your pic is really very nice.I am struggling to shoot a good pic in a cloudy day.How did you take it?

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by pinakibaidya View Post
    Hi.I am pinaki from Darjeeling.Your pic is really very nice.I am struggling to shoot a good pic in a cloudy day.How did you take it?
    Use the clouds to work for you. A polarising filter is a great thing for bringing out depths and contasts in clouds

Miguel...Brilliat brooding sky well set off by the bright nouses. I love it but agree that you could try a few crops and see if anything grabs you....and what stunning hills!

Just a thought, Miguel, but the house seems very bright and central while there is little of interest on the left side.

But I don't want to lose anything from the top or bottom. So I think I would consider a crop from the left and finish up with a different size ratio.

I'm not really sure; I'm just holding a piece of paper against the screen.

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by CougarFool View Post
    Hi Miguel,
    A nice dramatic picture. Very dark clouds with plenty of detail in them and in the hills. The bright colour of the house acts as a nice counterpoint I think. The only thing I might do is to crop off the left a tiny bit to remove that foreground bush or foliage.
    Hi Nigel ,Thanks for your comments .I'm glad that you like the picture. I'm going to implement your recommendations.
    Miguel

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by CougarFool View Post
    Hi Miguel,
    Hi Nigel ,Thanks for your comments .I'm glad that you like the picture. I'm going to implement your recommendations.
    Miguel

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by pinakibaidya View Post
    Hi Pinaki , I normally like to take all my picture in manual position and process in RAW format, the final touch with the photoshop cs4 .This picture has tonal contrast and was lighted over the house .
    Miguel

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Use the clouds to work for you. A polarising filter is a great thing for bringing out depths and contasts in clouds

Miguel...Brilliat brooding sky well set off by the bright nouses. I love it but agree that you could try a few crops and see if anything grabs you....and what stunning hills!
    Hi Sharon, thanks for your comments.I am going to make a few crops to see how it looks.
    Miguel

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Just a thought, Miguel, but the house seems very bright and central while there is little of interest on the left side.

But I don't want to lose anything from the top or bottom. So I think I would consider a crop from the left and finish up with a different size ratio.

I'm not really sure; I'm just holding a piece of paper against the screen.
    Hi Geoff,Let me see how it looks after a few crops and finish up with different size ratio.
    Thanks for comment.
    Miguel