Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blue calm

Real Name
    Miguel

Blue calm

Hi , here is another of my picture , this has been taken from the Caribbean beach in the Dominican Republic. Your opinions and comments are well received.

Blue calm
    DSC_0493x por Pibe14, en Flickr

Cámara Nikon D90
    Exposición 0.002 sec (1/500)
    Aperture f/10.0
    Lente 35 mm
    Velocidad ISO 160
    Tendencia de exposición 0 EV
    Flash No Flash

Re: Blue calm

I think everything has come together well, Miguel.

Ideally, I would have liked to see just a fraction of 'space' in front of the left hand boat, but possibly that wasn't an option.
    Last edited by Geoff F; 24th April 2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling

very peaceful view!
    I like the photo, good job.
    I agree also to Geoff, and perhaps I would cut also a bit of room on right side...
    cheers
    Nicola

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I think everything has come together well, Miguel.

Ideally, I would have liked to see just a fraction of 'space' in front of the left hand boat, but possibly that wasn't an option.
    Thanks Geoff for your comment I also agree with that. This part of the picture disappears when I try to straighten the horizon. The shot was too close

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    very peaceful view!
    I like the photo, good job.
    I agree also to Geoff, and perhaps I would cut also a bit of room on right side...
    cheers
    Nicola
    Hi .Thanks for your comments Nicola , I am very glad that you like the picture
    Miguel

Real Name
    Johnny

In this edit, after flipping the image for a better left to right read, I used an edit device called "warp," and marquee selected only the bottom end of the image so I could pull the bouys in a larger arc which would lead to the two center boats. Cloning out the farthest right hand boat allows room for the other two to sit with room to comfortably leave the scene. The blue space left from the clone helps to confine the two remaining boats and locks them into a more centralized focal point. I hope you like the possibility of this edit.

Blue calm

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
    In this edit, after flipping the image for a better left to right read, I used an edit device called "warp," and marquee selected only the bottom end of the image so I could pull the bouys in a larger arc which would lead to the two center boats. Cloning out the farthest right hand boat allows room for the other two to sit with room to comfortably leave the scene. The blue space left from the clone helps to confine the two remaining boats and locks them into a more centralized focal point. I hope you like the possibility of this edit.

Blue calm
    Hi Johnny, is too much work for me, sorry I'm not very convinced about your edit, I see the images too much compressed. Good work
    Miguel

I suppose, Miguel, it would be possible to increase the canvas size slightly on the left then clone the left edge to fill the gap. Doing this prior to rotation may indeed prove successful.

You would then be able to lose a tiny bit from the right side, as Nicola suggested.

Then everybody is happy - Wow!

Real Name
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I suppose, Miguel, it would be possible to increase the canvas size slightly on the left then clone the left edge to fill the gap. Doing this prior to rotation may indeed prove successful.

You would then be able to lose a tiny bit from the right side, as Nicola suggested.

Then everybody is happy - Wow!
    Hi Geoff .Good idea , I like it. I'm going to work in that.
    Miguel