Thread: My first Photo! :D

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

My first Photo! :D

Guys..This is my first photo...C&C welcomed!

P.S I did some editing in CS5!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3193952...in/photostream

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: My first Photo! :D

Kirshna

As you can see, your image is not appearing. What you have done is pasted the URL of the Flickr webpage upon which your image is located, rather than the image URL link.

What you need to do is explained in the help thread, 'How do i post images here ...', which you access via the HELP/Rules tab on the menu bar above.

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Kirshna

As you can see, your image is not appearing. What you have done is pasted the URL of the Flickr webpage upon which your image is located, rather than the image URL link.

What you need to do is explained in the help thread, 'How do i post images here ...', which you access via the HELP/Rules tab on the menu bar above.
    [IMG]My first Photo! :D ayush2 by boyyocool, on Flickr[/IMG]

Is this right?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Krishna,

Quote Originally Posted by boyyocool View Post
    Is this right?
    Just about - it certainly works

You didn't need two sets of IMG tags, I would guess one set came from flckr (with a BB code link) and one from here if you used insert Image icon. Trouble is, the instructions don't know which sort of link you'll use. I may look at clarifying, although that just makes more to read.

As to the image; what do you think of it?
    Not sure if you wanted critique on a serious protrait attempt or were "just testing" the method of posting.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...

Double IMG tags is a problem which I originally encountered. It's basically a question of working out where the extra ones are getting added, which probably depends on the method of uploading.

With regard to this photo, I think I would try a different crop to reduce the amount of background at the sides. Possibly something around 4 x 5 ratio might be worth a try.

Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Krishna,

Just about - it certainly works

You didn't need two sets of IMG tags, I would guess one set came from flckr (with a BB code link) and one from here if you used insert Image icon. Trouble is, the instructions don't know which sort of link you'll use. I may look at clarifying, although that just makes more to read.

As to the image; what do you think of it?
    Not sure if you wanted critique on a serious protrait attempt or were "just testing" the method of posting.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...
    I know it wasnt a serious attempt.....but it was my first attenpt at photography itself so wanted to knw whether it was passable or not.

Real Name
    Kerry

Hi Krishna, the subject itself is nice and clear and well focussed. However I do find the background a slight deterrence and perhaps with the cropping, you might have liked to have cropped slightly tighter on the sides and allowed more of your subjects torso into the photo??