Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mt. Baker

Real Name
    Jon

Mt. Baker

Mt. Baker

after 2 1/2 months of crutches I finally was able to get out and spend a beautiful day in the mountains with my camera at Baker Lake, Washington State

Canon 5D Mark 2, 24-105mm, 50mm, f/22 @ 1/15sec, ISO 100

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Mt. Baker

Nice shot Jon, exposure and composition look pretty good to me. It certainly does look like it was a lovely day and it's good that you are out and about again. It must have been frustrating confined to crutches !!

Dave

Real Name
    james

Great shot Jon! Hope your healing is fast.

Real Name
    Paul

Very nice Jon. We do infact live in a great place to get out. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Real Name
    Andrew

Funny,, last weekend I was out on my crutches taking a picture of Mt Baker from about 60 miles west. Nice shot and foreground however I find the foothills in the way really detract from what is a fabulous mountain to see.

Real Name
    Pierre

Jon
    I am very glad to hear you are on the mend, it is very tough when an outdoors type of person is confined. Good luck with the rest of your mend.
    I am not sure how much you could have moved to the left and still made this image, but the stump does not work for me, otherwise I like the image.

Real Name
    Jon

Thanks all , it really does feel good to get out, still not completely mobile but getting there. I agree Andrew there is allot more to Mt Baker than what is seen here, if i get a chance I would love to attack this Mt from the other side. I have only been up there once from the northwest side and it really just takes your breath away, though any walking right now does that as well. Maybe I was mistaking the reason I was out of breath