Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hazy morning

Hazy morning

there was an hazy morning, I was driving when I saw a sun ray broke the haze, so I quickly stopped the car and took this picture with my 50mm prime. Does it works? I have a few others shots, with slightly different composition.
    what do you think about? too tight crop? more room at bottom? at right? ...?
    many thanks!
    cheers
    Nicola

Hazy morning

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Hazy morning

Nicola

I am not viewing this on my own profiled and calibrated monitor, but this looks a spectularly good image. The tones from dark to light going back through the image are wonderful. And the composition is, in my view, magnificent.

A majestic looking scene. Where, precisely, is it?

My only question (and it remains a question) is whether it would help to clone out the poles and the wire between them at the bottom of the image

Donald
    thank you very much for your appreciation, it means a lot for me.
    about the poles, you are right it is better to clone them out... I've been too lazy, but I do it soon!

this is a view of Assisi, the birth village of Saint Francis, near Perugia.
    below a "sun-kissed" view of the main cathedral of Assisi. the same you can see in the B&W picture in the foreground but from a different point of view.
    thanks for your feedback
    Nicola

Hazy morning

Real Name
    Kerry

I agree with Donald, what a spectacular photo. Also agree it would look so much better without the power/phone line. Lovely photo Nicola :-D

Real Name
    John

Very nice image, as I've said before "if it weren't for those darn utility poles, yet you miss them so much when they are down".

Real Name
    Allan Short

Nicola love the shot, even the power lines, in my mind are ok as they are part of the picture. I hope you do not mind, as I tweeted your shot, to my mind set, as the bright sky was wanting to take my eyes to heaven and it is the Cathedral of Assisi that I wanted to focus on. So a added a touch of structure and darking to the sky, doing the with the same to the cathedral.

Hazy morning