Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Actual image colors

Actual image colors

I need display Actual image colors of my photo as on the picure

Actual image colors

from tutorial https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...conversion.htm

Can help somebody ? . any software \\ plaugin ?

Re: Actual image colors

Can you explain more what you mean please?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garrett View Post
    Can you explain more what you mean please?
    I'm processing my photo in photoshop with working Color space AbobeRGB (for example), and I want to know the positions of real colors of my photo within the AbobeRGB.
    The actual colors of my photo will be a black dots on the above picture, and colorful triangle is Working Color space.
    I hope, there is a photoshop plugin that can draw working Color space AND actual colors of my photo.
    Could you advise the plugin

Ah! I understand, but I'm afraid I don't know of a plug-in that does that, sorry.

Real Name
    Alex

Hi Baron,

I started a thread about software that can display the image gamut in different colour spaces:

Software to produce Colour Space Diagrams

It was mainly due to my inability to see the parts of my image where gamut clipping occurs and how severe the clipping was.

Unfortunately the conclusion I came to was that it costs money to get the right software. I recommend some software at the bottom of the thread. Chromix ColorThink seems like the best product. You can draw 3D images of the gamut shift for each pixel in your image when changing colour spaces.

Alex

Herbert,
    thanks for link, but your tread is regarding Color space viewer.
    As for me. I need see graph for both Color space AND actual colors of my photo.
    Chromix ColorThink cannot display it.

Herbert,
    Chromix ColorThink can display it !!
    I see now in 3D Graphing section:
    "- plot image colors as a cloud of pixels and overlay a printer gamut for comparison "

Thanks for the link !

This is standalone software.
    Do you you now a photoshop plugin ?

Real Name
    Alex

I did not find a PhotoShop plugin for this. One might exist but I doubt it. There does not seem to be much demand for this type of thing.

You can see why. Few people care how individual pixels may change when moving colour spaces. What is more important is how the overall image changes. I find that I can see this using PhotoShop to assign different colour profiles to the same image and toggling the preview on/off.

If you set up the Print proof settings to show a different colour space you can switch it on/off using Ctrl+Y. I find that if I need to get an image correct in a different colour space then I duplicate the image and set the Print proof to the new colour space. I then set the two images side-by-side and edit the second one until it matches the first.

Note that I do not actually convert to profile before editing. If you do this then the channels can be clipped. Instead keep the image in the original colour space (so you have control over the tonal transitions when editing) and view it in the new colour space. Once you are happy with the result you can finally convert the image (or convert a copy so you save your edits).

If you find a tool that does what you desire please post back. People will be glad to know.

Alex

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    It was mainly due to my inability to see the parts of my image where gamut clipping occurs and how severe the clipping was.
    Hi Alex,

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Photoshop has a gamut warning that's part of the soft proofing mechanism that lets you see problem areas.

Real Name
    Alex

Hi Colin,

I have tried this gamut warning but it is a binary thing. It is like being told that you cannot afford something but without the details about how much the items costs. I suppose to push the analogy I should just keep offering more money. Eventually my gamut clipping will disappear.

Alex

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Hi Colin,

I have tried this gamut warning but it is a binary thing. It is like being told that you cannot afford something but without the details about how much the items costs. I suppose to push the analogy I should just keep offering more money. Eventually my gamut clipping will disappear.

Alex
    Hi Alex,

I know what you mean, but I've found that if I turn the warning on and then tweak something that affects the gamut, I can get a feeling for whether or not the highlighted areas are on the fringe (and thus not likely to suffer too badly from the ravishings of the rendering algorithm), or "hard core" and likely to be a problem. So not ideal, but it helps me a little.