Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Image enlargement

Real Name
    Jack

Image enlargement

Hello,

I'm new to Cambridge In Colour and to forums. Really looking forward to "meeting" you folks and discussing photography. I am largely self-taught and currently use Aperture 3. What I am wondering is whether there is a plugin to enlarge images that uses some sort of math to "fill in" pixels as image gets larger. Does this make sense?

Thanks

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Image enlargement

Quote Originally Posted by bonjac View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to Cambridge In Colour and to forums. Really looking forward to "meeting" you folks and discussing photography. I am largely self-taught and currently use Aperture 3. What I am wondering is whether there is a plugin to enlarge images that uses some sort of math to "fill in" pixels as image gets larger. Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Hello <InsertFirstNameHere!>,

Welcome to CiC - great to have you with us

Perfect Resize 7 (formerly Genuine Fractals) is the gold standard, but for the most part, I'd have to ask the question as to why you thought you needed it, as most modern cameras have waaaaaay more pixels than are ever needed in a real-world print or image displayed on the internet.

Can you give us a bit more background info as to why you're in need of something like this?