Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Table in the shade (HDR)

Table in the shade (HDR)

Table in the shade (HDR)

Having seen a couple of video's on Youtube, Thought I would give, MANY layers , blending, pulling my hair out, coffee, more layers and blending, a go. Although It's not perfect, but who wants perfection anyway! It's a great deal more "real" then my earlier attempts..

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Table in the shade (HDR)

Hi Mick, it can be real difficult to capture all the detail in the highlights and shadows of a high contrast image but you have done an excellent job in that regard! It might be interesting so see the original to see how far you have come with the image in post-processing.

Hey Frank

Thanks for you reply.

Table in the shade (HDR)

Table in the shade (HDR)

Table in the shade (HDR)

So, I put my exposures thru Photomatix, 3 times to get; a grungy one, b&w and a less grungy one

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Mick, if you haven't seen it, Trey Ratcliff of StuckinCustoms.com has a tutorial on shooting and processing HDR photos. He uses Photomatix as well. Here is a link to how he adjusts the sliders in Photomatix: http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-tutorial-part-2/
    If you want to see the first and last part of the HDR tutorial, there are links to page one and three in this website as well.

Hey Frank

I have seen that link and other's, thank you.

I blame them for getting me into my latest method . I've picked up on a few techniques of what Tray and the other fella shows us.

Thanks for giving me your time