Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mandrake Root

Mandrake Root

Two variants with slightly different treatment to each layer. C&C very welcome. And an exercise in observation: which one contains the c**k up.

Mandrake Root

Mandrake Root

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Mandrake Root

I cannot explain it but I am leaning more towards #2 or the yellow one. Another nice abstract work, Steve.

Real Name
    Mick Stones

Both great abstracts Steve, like jiro I like No2 the most.

These are wonderful! I like the blue in the first and the blue in the second! Blue and yellow are so wonderful together - in whatever subtle combination; so, I like them both. However, the different shades of the blue on the root in the second one is really beautiful. Then, you throw in the third primary - that makes the background for me. I guess both are great - they just say different things, eh?

Just for conversation's sake.... who's been petrified?

Real Name
    Janis

They are both beautiful, Steve. Can't decide which I like more, just know that I would like to be able to produce something like them. As for the c**k up, would it have something to do with the thin vertical lines coming off the top edge in number 1, not visible in number 2? If so, I had to strain to see them.

So, still dabbling in the dark arts, are you? Incorrigible.

Thankyou for the positive comments. I am going with number two too

Just for conversation's sake.... who's been petrified?
    Me! I am always petrified. Oh I get your meaning I can't rember which book that was in now. My memory is like a sieve these days

As for the c**k up, would it have something to do with the thin vertical lines coming off the top edge in number 1, not visible in number 2? If so, I had to strain to see them.
    Well spotted Janis. I used thread to suspend the tree and root above the dining table (didn't want to get mud on the floor). WireVixen was not in as you can imagine. I totally forgot to clone it out. See...forgetting again. I am reading The Plague Dogs again and I am seeing some disturbing parallels between Snitter's state of mind and my own.

So, still dabbling in the dark arts, are you? Incorrigible.
    Actually that is the most obvious connection but I was trying to remember the words to Deep Purple's Mandrake Root when I was gardening. needless to say I got into trouble with that as well. We had a lot of wild poppies in the drive (not block paved I hasten to add) so I pulled them up...WireVixen wasn't too happy.

Real Name
    Janis

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Actually that is the most obvious connection but I was trying to remember the words to Deep Purple's Mandrake Root when I was gardening. needless to say I got into trouble with that as well. We had a lot of wild poppies in the drive (not block paved I hasten to add) so I pulled them up...WireVixen wasn't too happy.
    To all of that and more, I say: you've got the power.

rob marshall

Mandrake - haven't heard that word for a long time. They are hallucinogenic (Nightshade family) so I hope you did a Bill Clinton... and didn't inhale/ingest. They were used a lot in magic rituals as the plant often bifurcates and looks like a human form. But I'm sure you're not into that business either.

Excellent shots - very creative. I often wonder where you get your creativity from, Steve. perhaps you are not like Bill Clinton?