Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bangles

Real Name
    Abhi

Bangles

These are part of some photos from my short vacation last month. I am slowly going through the pp process and sharing a few as I progress . I had about a minute or two to shoot most of these photos, so C&C is greatly appreciated.

Bangles
    Bangles at the Kalijai Temple, Orissa. Women visiting the temple often hang bangles off the trees outside the temple as offering to the goddess. Canon Digital Rebel, 18mm@f/22 for 1/40s.

Bangles
    The boat that took us there. Canon Digital Rebel, 23mm@f/16 for 1/125s.
    Last edited by abhi; 15th May 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Re: Bangles

The only thing that I would change, Abhi, is that on the first photo there are a couple of strands of thread hanging down from the top edge, near the centre. I would clone them out.

Otherwise, everything looks fine to me.

Real Name
    Abhi

Thanks, Geoff. I had not even noticed them

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Between the 2, I would go for the 2nd image. Why? Because it is simpler. If this is my image, I would probably desaturate the green color a little bit so the color of the sea would shift to blue. I Would also do some dodging on the dark areas of the boat so I can see some more detail in them. On the half top part, I would probably add some gradient layer to darken the sky a little bit for contrast. Good shot and good subject, Abhi. Nice work.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Between the 2, I would go for the 2nd image. Why? Because it is simpler. If this is my image, I would probably desaturate the green color a little bit so the color of the sea would shift to blue.Good shot and good subject, Abhi. Nice work.
    Thanks, Jiro. Glad you like it. The green in the water is intentional, I guess just because that's how I remember the water. I can bring it down a notch if it's too much in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro
    I Would also do some dodging on the dark areas of the boat so I can see some more detail in them. On the half top part, I would probably add some gradient layer to darken the sky a little bit for contrast.
    I will see what I can do about the darker areas of the boat, it is already at about +1 EV. Part of the the problem was that the blue parts of the boat, towards the right, tend to become distracting really fast.

And there's a gradient in the sky, maybe it is too subtle? I can always fiddle with it. I kept it towards the brighter side as the reflections are pretty strong, and I was afraid it might look unnatural with too dark a sky.

Thanks again, Jiro.