Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Teamwork.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Teamwork.

Another group of kids playing the tug of war during their field day event in school. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click on the image to see the bigger picture.
    Teamwork.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm set at 18mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/2000 second, Matrix Metering in Manual Mode. Color processing and conversion to black and white using Lightroom 3.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Teamwork.

Nice pic Willie. Can you please tell me how you post so we can see the larger image. I've tried but I can't seem to get it right. There is often a lot of detail and emotion lost on the 700 pixel image.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    Nice pic Willie. Can you please tell me how you post so we can see the larger image. I've tried but I can't seem to get it right. There is often a lot of detail and emotion lost on the 700 pixel image.
    Thank you, Mark. I use flickr to upload my files on the internet for sharing.

Here's my workflow:

1. When I am satisfied with my edit, I make a duplicate copy of my work and then convert the resolution of this duplicate copy to 72ppi (since I am only after showing it to the web). From 240ppi to 72ppi, the image will surely go smaller so I adjust the width or the height to about 1500 pixels whichever is bigger.

2. I then upload the image to my flickr account. Now, flickr has a maximum limit size (I think for the regular users) of 1024 pixels so my images are further downsized by flickr.

3. Inside flickr, I then go click on the "share" button and choose "Grab the HTML/BBCode" and select the largest size (Large) available. In this case, it's 1024 X 697 pixels. Make sure that the BB Code button is selected on the menu. Once the URL link is highlighted I copy it (by pressing CTRL+C) and simply paste it on my post.

Now, if you press "Preview Post" while you are editing your post you will see the actual size of your image. It is only after you press "Submit Post" that your image will be downsized by the CiC system. I don't resize my images exactly to 700 pixels as like you said there are some details that are very hard to appreciate if the image is viewed as a small size. Hope this helps, Mark.

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

Jiro,

Very Nice. I do believe the anchor is the wrong kid. At least it was when we played it.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Now, if you press "Preview Post" while you are editing your post you will see the actual size of your image. It is only after you press "Submit Post" that your image will be downsized by the CiC system. I don't resize my images exactly to 700 pixels as like you said there are some details that are very hard to appreciate if the image is viewed as a small size. Hope this helps, Mark.
    Jiro

I may be wrong, but strictly speaking CiC doesn't 'downsize' images, it simply 'rescales' them to 700px. When you click on the posted shot it redisplays in the light box at the originally posted size. For example, your shot above is 9.5 inches across on my monitor, but in the light-box it's over 11. Is that what you meant?

If you have a Pro account on Flickr you can upload images above 1024px.

I like the shot above. The clarity and tonal range is very good. Was that all done in Lightroom 3?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    Hi Mark,

Only when you use the albums or attachment method, where they are stored here at CiC is the a 700px limit.
    TinyPic has a 1600px limit. Your personal website may vary, as Willie and Rob say.

The CiC website has your browser constrain them to 700px whatever the source when images are viewed in a thread, but as Rob says, clicking opens them larger in a Lytebox, but that doesn't always guarantee fullsize if the image posted was large (i.e. over 1600 wide or 1000 tall, because many screens are not much bigger than that. Tip: always hit F11 to make browser full screen first.

Full chapter and verse on the topic is here;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Cheers,