Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New Camera

New Camera

I was wondering if anyone out there has a Nikkon P100. I recieved this camera as a gift and feel like I take better picture with my sons point and shoot Sony. I have some photography knowledge but my pictures are not great.

Real Name
    Robin

Re: New Camera

My mums partner has one so I've used it a fair bit - great camera and brilliant for wildlife with that zoom.

Post some images and you'll get some specific help.

Real Name
    John

I have the P90 so I am somewhat familiar with the model. See the linked review for the P100. You can get great photos with the Coolpix it's all a matter of finding the sweet spot for each photographic condition. Which areas (portraits, nightscapes, etc.) are you finding it most difficult to get a good photo?

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_COOLPIX_P100/

Thanks black pearl, I will post some pictures soon. About dying in your livingroom---I just said that oxymoron today to my son...strange.

Shadowman,I am having trouble in all areas. Thanks for the link I will check it out. Is WNY stand for Western New York?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by eyetunes View Post
    Shadowman,I am having trouble in all areas. Thanks for the link I will check it out. Is WNY stand for Western New York?
    That's correct about the location.

Real Name
    Peter

G'day eyetunes these were taken with a P100
    New Camera
    New Camera
    New Camera
    New Camera
    I sold it to my brother (my wife bought me a Nikon D3100 DSLR for Christmas)
    My brother is enjoying it and is taking many good photos.
    Peter

Thanks Peter, I think I'm getting better every week. I just have to find the time to get out there and shoot. My goal is to post a photo by the end of the month.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by eyetunes View Post
    Thanks Peter, I think I'm getting better every week. I just have to find the time to get out there and shoot. My goal is to post a photo by the end of the month.
    You really don't have to get out there, try starting out with still lifes from items around your home.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You really don't have to get out there, try starting out with still lifes from items around your home.
    Thjis is exactly what I did when I got my camera a few month's ago! I arranged each room in the house (one at a time) and practiced composition, contrast, lighting, etc. until I felt I had the best shot I could get with my current level of experience. I kept the camera's User Guide handy as I tried different approaches. Because indoor shots tend to be at close range, I had to use the wide angle lens.

New Camera

In the end I had learned quite a bit about the camera, my wife was pleased that I cleaned and neatened the house, and I have a reasonable inventory of the visible articles in each room for insurance purposes. As I spent quite a bit of time doing upgrades, such as crown molding, over the past few years, this was a visually rewarding experience.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Thjis is exactly what I did when I got my camera a few month's ago! I arranged each room in the house (one at a time) and practiced composition, contrast, lighting, etc. until I felt I had the best shot I could get with my current level of experience. I kept the camera's User Guide handy as I tried different approaches. Because indoor shots tend to be at close range, I had to use the wide angle lens.

New Camera

In the end I had learned quite a bit about the camera, my wife was pleased that I cleaned and neatened the house, and I have a reasonable inventory of the visible articles in each room for insurance purposes. As I spent quite a bit of time doing upgrades, such as crown molding, over the past few years, this was a visually rewarding experience.
    I know what you mean, I can spend days or even weeks photographing one item. You don't get that luxury when photographing outdoors.

Thanks John, I spent some time with a halved red pepper yesterday.
    Chris(eyetunes)

Good idea Frank,Thanks. I guess I don't have to make an "outing" out of every session.
    Chris (eyetunes)