Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Story Bridge 1

Story Bridge 1

Hello crew .. here's a couple of shots which may interest some.
    A group of friends were on a night-time shoot recently, one showed us a bit of "zooming-shooting" we were all hooked and immediately proceeded to make dozens of images with this technique. Of course, like most other 'fancy" stuff, too much of a good thing becomes boring, but I thought a few members may care to give it a go if you haven't already done so.
    It's easy as pie; just get a stable base or tripod for your camera with a mid-to-long zoom attached..small aperture (to facilitate a long exposure).. press shutter..manually twist zoom while lens is open.. Robert's your father's brother!
    The first shot here is a famous Brisbane icon, followed by same using "zooming-shoot" Have fun!

Story Bridge 1

Story Bridge 1
    Last edited by Roxy; 15th February 2009 at 12:44 AM.

Re: Story Bridge 1

rrox,

I like this shot, particularly the movement of cloud and the golden color of water and bridge.
    Well done.

Thank you Yan (or should that be Zhang, or Yan Zhang? I feel awkward at times with international name styles such as yours)
    While you were looking, I was struggling with the technique of uploading part 2 .. what do you think of that?

Richard R

Quote Originally Posted by rrox View Post
    Thank you Yan (or should that be Zhang, or Yan Zhang? I feel awkward at times with international name styles such as yours)
    While you were looking, I was struggling with the technique of uploading part 2 .. what do you think of that?

Richard R
    How do you all feel about a suggestion to provide real or given names so that we may correctly refer to each other in a more "sociable" way than by sometimes a bit wierd internet IDs?
    Of course you may prefer us to call you by some off-beat pseudonym .. that's OK I guess, just that I find it a bit off-putting.

Richard R (often called Roxy by photoclub acquaintances etc..)

I like stuff like that but unfortunately I can't do it on my camera
    One of the first things I tried on digital switch is something I'd wanted to try for ages but didn't want to waste film on which was painting on ling exposures.

I don't mean more traditional light painting of using torch/strobes etc to colour cast things but actually making shapes directly with the light source that aren't "there" so to speak. Took a few tries to get complex shapes but results were interesting. Maybe I'll post them in new thread if anyone also interested in posting similar stuff. Not your usual photos so never thought of posting anywhere before seeing this, thought it was just me who liked this kind of thing.

I got a weird but great looking image not long ago when I knocked the tripod on a long exposure whilst snapping a neon lit area and took cam off the pod and started messing with it. Didn't look like usual "moved during long exposure" look, more comp generated colour swirl look. I ended up deleting the image automatically and then thought it looked nice so I spent about 10 min trying to get the same result but couldn't, seemed the pure accidental approach yielded the most interesting result.

My name is Dave by the way but nick name wise people call me all kinds of horrible things hehehehe.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by rrox View Post
    How do you all feel about a suggestion to provide real or given names so that we may correctly refer to each other in a more "sociable" way than by sometimes a bit wierd internet IDs?
    Of course you may prefer us to call you by some off-beat pseudonym .. that's OK I guess, just that I find it a bit off-putting.

Richard R (often called Roxy by photoclub acquaintances etc..)
    Just a quick note ...

If anyone would like to change their usernames (and if it's to their real name or something like "Ken W" then so much the better!) then they need only send me a PM and I'll "make it so" - assuming of course that the name isn't already taken.

This also changes all previous posts that the user has made to the new name as well - so you don't have to worry about continuity of posts.

Personally, I LOVE real names - so easy to remember

So step right up - step right up - get your real names here!

rrox,

You call me Yan, Yan Zhang is my real name of course.
    The second shot is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Just a quick note ...

If anyone would like to change their usernames (and if it's to their real name or something like "Ken W" then so much the better!) then they need only send me a PM and I'll "make it so" - assuming of course that the name isn't already taken.

This also changes all previous posts that the user has made to the new name as well - so you don't have to worry about continuity of posts.

Personally, I LOVE real names - so easy to remember

So step right up - step right up - get your real names here!
    Put me down for roxy please Colin.

Thank you.