Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cameraless again

Real Name
    Chris

Cameraless again

as I sent it back to Nikon, yet one more time..let's hope they get it right this time. Anyway, it will give me a chance to practice some PP stuff and to sort out all my files...I got lots of junk stuff scattered from one end of my computer to the other...arrggghhh

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Cameraless again

bhdedstg pofc ;ljuvckj ...

Ok - maybe I won't keep my fingers crossed for you, but here's hoping they get it right or just go ahead and replace it for you.

- Bill

Real Name
    Steve

Hope it gets better soon.

Real Name
    Martyn

wow, that must hurt Chris, i need to get my camera in for a service and get stuff done, i keep putting it off and saying oh i might need it on this or that date, luckily i have the d200 as back up but its not the same,
    it reminds of the time i bought my first nikon (D70S), i was umming and arring about getting one local or from ebay china a bit cheaper, in the end i bought local,
    glad i did because it had a problem, i took it back to the shop and got a replacement there and then, imagine if i had to ship it back to singapore at £60 both ways just to cover the warranty ?
    my motto is buy local, look after your local shop otherwise it will be gone forever,some folks say they wont miss it but personally i would be miffed if i couldnt by a cleaning cloth because my shop had closed down, cheers martyn

Oh, Chris.....

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Oh, Chris.....
    I am already into withdrawals....arrggghhh

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I'm sorry, Chris. It's no fun to be without your camera.

Real Name
    Paul

Get well soon Chris.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Maybe you should consider getting another camera body compatible with your lens collection. At least you could continue when either one needed to be in the shop.

Real Name
    Chris

Normally, I have at least one or two spare D40's, but this year, I ended up with more digital students than film and my supply of spares went south...I'll live. I have a lot of stored images, I haven't begun to PP... I just get antsy...like misplacing a kid at the Mall...

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Normally, I have at least one or two spare D40's, but this year, I ended up with more digital students than film and my supply of spares went south...I'll live. I have a lot of stored images, I haven't begun to PP... I just get antsy...like misplacing a kid at the Mall...
    I misplaced an entire year; I did some teaching practise at a very rough school and took the fourth year out for the day to a science museum at a city 50 miles away.

I had two teachers to help but they disappeared first; so I took the kids to the canteen and ordered them to stay while I was gone for only a few minutes.

Got back; gone, all gone except a couple I found playing with the exhibits. The rest were found by the cops being thrown out of a club for upsetting the customers.

You can stick teaching, I wouldn't do it if you paid me.

Real Name
    Robin

Get your phone out and shoot with that, I love the freedom from the technicalities you get with a basic camera and I find my shooting style is a lot more loose.

Makes an interesting change and will be a new challenge to keep your eye in while the Nikon is away.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Get your phone out and shoot with that, I love the freedom from the technicalities you get with a basic camera and I find my shooting style is a lot more loose.
    My alternative to digital is film and you can't get much more basic than that, the camera in my cheapy phone has too long an exposure and only produces 1.3MP JPGs They are good if all you need is a still life snap, but hardly anything more.

Chris,

I know there are companies that now have point and shoot style cameras with real imagers and Raw file formats, you may want to explore the possibilities there.

Real Name
    Chris

I've already shot two rolls of HSI and am in the darkroom with the students - much to their chagrin (they don't like to share).