Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flickers in love c&c please

Real Name
    james

Flickers in love c&c please

looking for some c&cFlickers in love   c&c pleaseFlickers in love   c&c please canon T2i 55-250IS handheld 250mm 1/800 5.6 1600 ISO Thanks for viewing.

Re: Flickers in love c&c please

These aren't far out, James.

Personally, I would apply a little selective sharpening to the first photo, particularly the right hand bird then use the Blur Tool to gently reduce some of the background noise. But I do mean 'gently'.

And with the second image. I would do a substantial crop and remove a lot of the right side. Ideally, I would like to remove most of that branch shadow. Maybe consider a different image size ratio. Possibly 5 x 4 or even 4 x 5 ratio if it will fit. You could afford to lose some of the left side as well.

Real Name
    james

Thanks Geoff I always appreciate your insight. when I click on my thread my images are bigger than my window they used to be 2/3s the size of my window. I had to back up my pc , does anybody know how to get my image size down ?and do my images appear that way to others ?

Real Name
    Dennis Dakin

I agree with Geoff. The eyes look a little soft. Try focusing on the eye. Good exposure and classic woodpecker pose.

Real Name
    james

Thanks Dennis

Real Name
    Tim

These are a huge improvement over your first Flicker post.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    does anybody know how to get my image size down ? and do my images appear that way to others ?

Flickers in love   c&c please
    Hi James,

These look like they probably hit TinyPic at full size and TinyPic has downsize to its maximum of 1600px (1599 when it does this).

This post gives you a method that is compatible with Elements and Photoshop. If you have something else (e.g. GIMP), either work along these lines, or if necessary, ask for further assistance from someone that has the same software.

These are pretty good and doing the downsize (and sharpen) as per the post I just linked would help address both the noise and, to an extent, the softness issues (because they aren't too bad).

The only additional suggestion over what others have said would be to dodge a bit on the shadowy bits of face and body to bring out more detail.

Here's a quick go on the jpg of #2, but it really needs to be done on the fullsize RAW.

Flickers in love   c&c please

I put in your original to allow easy Prev/Next looking between them for comparing purposes (F11 your browser, then click and view in Lytebox).

Note the 'cheat' - I clone copied the catchlight into the left hand bird's eye

Good luck,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 7th April 2011 at 06:38 PM.

Real Name
    james

Thanks all, Tim the improvement you see is due to the feedback I have received here. This site makes learning fun.