Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Closed.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Closed.

Another image from our trip to San Antonio, Texas. I saw this one while walking towards the Alamo Compound. What caught my attention was the use of a simple lock to secure the wooden doors. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image so you can see the bigger picture.

Closed.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 55mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f5.6 at 1/200 of a second, Matrix Metering in Manual Mode, Color processed in Lightroom 3.4
    Last edited by jiro; 2nd April 2011 at 01:24 AM.

Real Name
    Rachel

Re: Closed.

is the reflection in the glass of the door part of the building you showed in the other thread? I like this shot, I wonder how it would look with a bit of vintage looking tint? I think the old fashioned door handles and marred wood contrasting with the modernish metal plate would look interesting with an aged look... nice work as always Willie

Real Name

Hello, Rachel. This shot was taken from another street. I applied some old look effect on this one since the direct b&w conversion looks too lame for me. Maybe add some more sepia tone in it?

Real Name
    Chris

I think the handles and lock plate are a tad too bright -glaring at the tops and bottom of the plate. Maybe it is just that they are so bright against an otherwise featureless landscape.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I think the handles and lock plate are a tad too bright -glaring at the tops and bottom of the plate. Maybe it is just that they are so bright against an otherwise featureless landscape.
    Hello Chris. I did increase the contrast a bit on the door handles and on the nameplate so it be seen as my main elements. I'll probably tone it down a little bit on my next edit. thanks!

Real Name
    Bill S

Willie,

Nice shot. My only gripe is the reflection of the car. My eyes just keep landing on it and feeling like it is misplaced - especially with the old door hardware and the old look effect. Still a great image though. It is awesome how you spot these things that a lot of other people would just walk right by without noticing.

- Bill

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Willie,

Nice shot. My only gripe is the reflection of the car. My eyes just keep landing on it and feeling like it is misplaced - especially with the old door hardware and the old look effect. Still a great image though. It is awesome how you spot these things that a lot of other people would just walk right by without noticing.

- Bill
    Thanks, Bill. The inclusion of the car was deliberate on my part. To add another contrast on the idea - Old door, closed business but with a reflected image of a new car across the street, call it more like a juxtaposition. When I saw this scene, I did notice the reflection but I already have a clear vision on how I will process it after so I kept the car's reflection intact. Hope the idea clears it up for you, my friend. Thanks.