Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: some ducks

Real Name
    james

some ducks

50 mm ap mode shutter speed 1/1250 aperature value 1.6 iso 100some duckssome duckssome duckssome duckssome ducks

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: some ducks

I thought image 1 and 2 are in the same frame, James. I said, "wow! what a capture having 2 birds in different wing pattern; one up, one down! " Then, I noticed the difference in the color of the water. Among them I would probably lean more on 2 and 4 because they are sharper and shows a different look on the ducks. Nice work, James.

Real Name
    james

Thanks Willie. I like the pose in 4 but i dont like the bright spot in upper left hand corner.The first 3 are the same but not nessasarily in sequence ,I got excited and and missed focus on the 1st image. All told I feel like these are showing some improvement.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Thanks Willie. I like the pose in 4 but i dont like the bright spot in upper left hand corner.The first 3 are the same but not nessasarily in sequence ,I got excited and and missed focus on the 1st image. All told I feel like these are showing some improvement.
    Definitely, it sure does show a lot of improvement, James. Good job!

Real Name
    Gerald Polachak

some ducks

i like two the best
    nice shots

Real Name
    james

Thanks Gerald. I didnt notice the glare till after I cropped it .

Real Name
    Steve

Nice job james, i like the last one best. A little adjustment of the levels---saturation---sharpening....................Hope you don't mind.
    Very nice shot, well done.

some ducks

Real Name
    james

Thanks Steve. I am blown away by your work with the herons,everyday it is the first thread I check afterwork. Been considering a big lens like the 400 mm L, but after seeing what you have done with the 300 +1.4 converter. I have definitely reconsidered, I figure by the time I save enough for one (hopefully) my skills will have improved.Thanks for viewing my pics Steve I am a fan of yours .

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Thanks Steve. I am blown away by your work with the herons,everyday it is the first thread I check afterwork. Been considering a big lens like the 400 mm L, but after seeing what you have done with the 300 +1.4 converter. I have definitely reconsidered, I figure by the time I save enough for one (hopefully) my skills will have improved.Thanks for viewing my pics Steve I am a fan of yours .

Thanks james, i appreciate the kind words. The 300 + TC has a few advantages over the 400. The main one is image stabilization. Its much sharper than the 400. You can add a 1.4TC and not loose auto focus . It has a magnification ratio of .24 which gives you the ability of 1/4 to 1 macro.(the 400 is .12 magnification ratio). You get an extra 20mm (420mm with the TC). And last you get 2 focal lengths. ( 300 and 420 )