Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Red Bike.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

The Red Bike.

Another shot taken in the streets of San Antonio, Texas near the Alamo. Thank you very much for viewing.

The Red Bike.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 29mm, Exposure set at ISO 320, f4.5 at 1/640 of a second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color processing in Lightroom 3.3.

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: The Red Bike.

I like it. Now, when I have problems with my camera, I can envy only))))

And the padlock matches the bike frame colour - that's what I call being posh!

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Nice image, Jiro. You have a very observant eye. I look so hard for something to take a pic of that I find nothing.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

I like it. With all the good advice I have received on this site I would be tempted to crop it a bit more, maybe on the left. But then, Willie, I am not often right and this time I am most likely wrong, again.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    I like it. Now, when I have problems with my camera, I can envy only))))
    Thanks, Yegor.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    And the padlock matches the bike frame colour - that's what I call being posh!
    I noticed that, too. Probably that's the favorite color of the owner. I'm thinking the owner is probably above 50 as the chain and the lock used was kinda old style for a bike lock to use in an urban setting.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    Nice image, Jiro. You have a very observant eye. I look so hard for something to take a pic of that I find nothing.
    Thanks, Mary. I will take that as a very nice compliment. Thank you!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    I like it. With all the good advice I have received on this site I would be tempted to crop it a bit more, maybe on the left. But then, Willie, I am not often right and this time I am most likely wrong, again.
    You're fine, Ken. Most of the time I am not right, either. LOL! As usual, I tried to position the bike near the rule of thirds' focal points and I really tried to preserve those two large window on the left across the bike. For me it looks like 2 robotic eyes looking after the bike. Thanks for viewing, Ken. I appreciate it.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    You're fine, Ken. Most of the time I am not right, either. LOL! As usual, I tried to position the bike near the rule of thirds' focal points and I really tried to preserve those two large window on the left across the bike. For me it looks like 2 robotic eyes looking after the bike. Thanks for viewing, Ken. I appreciate it.
    Not that I want to make Ken feel bad, but I agree with your crop Willie - although I hadn't noticed the eyes until you said

Are the streets really that litter free there?

One last thought; I might have done a perspective correction to counter the diverging verticals (due to slight camera-down angle), that's all.

HTH,

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Are the streets really that litter free there?

One last thought; I might have done a perspective correction to counter the diverging verticals (due to slight camera-down angle), that's all.

HTH,
    Yup, they are that unbelievably clean. This part of San Antonio, Texas is the main attraction area or what you call "tourist spot". I already applied some lens profile correction on this one, Dave using the lens profile feature available with Lightroom 3.3. Thanks for viewing and for the nice comment.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hey
    Hey, no problem. Your comments didn't make me feel bad. You know infinitely more than I will ever know in these matters Dave. And I have learned a few good points from just following the threads on this post. I just wanted to join in and make a personal observation. But you have to realize that from the point of view of being able to offer technical advice, "The last Time I tried to walk on water I darned near drowned."