Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: trees

Real Name
    Ken Outch

trees

Taken around sunset when there was was light misty rain in the backgroundtrees

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: trees

More trees taken around dusk. The dark and forboding 'witch's coven' look in the subdued light appealed.

trees
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 14th March 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Ken,

I like both these.

On #1, it improves (well, for me anyway), with a little trimmed off the top and right hand sides - the main reason to trim the top is to reduce the bit of sky that's essentially 'white out'.

I feel #2 might benefit from a little more contrast, perhaps some LCE?

Great light and atmospherics on both though.

Good work,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ken

On the second one, that bush coming in at the bottom right hand corner is a bit of a distraction. What do you think about cropping it at the bottom just at the top of that bush, to give yourself something like a 16:9 aspect ratio image? It would take out not only the bush, but maybe some of the 'extra' foreground grass that's not adding essential elements to the image (but keep that bit in the foreground that's catching the sunlight) and focus even more attention onto the the trees in both the middle ground and the background - because they're gorgeous.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Dave
    Thank you for helpful advice. Tried cropping 1 as you suggested and it does make pic scrub up better. As for more contrast I am alsways a bit apprehensive of overdoing things and tend to chicken out at the last moment! LOL. Also have to confess total ignorance What is LCE?
    Thank you for your great advice
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Donald
    Thank you for nice comments and helpful suggestions. When I relooked at picture 2 following your comments i picked up that there is too much 'distracting' space above the trees of interest, which has to go. And until you mentioned I have to admit I didn't even see that damned black bush in the lower corner. Little devil just sneaked in unnoticed! Okay, so it is off to the opticians for me to get my glasses checked out, having made such a spectacle of myself!
    Thank you for your help
    Ken