Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: CS5 Straighten tool

CS5 Straighten tool

Good morning, I am new here and I would like a little help if possible:
    When I use the straighten tool in Photoshop CS5 I seem to have a problem.
    The picture straightens but the image does not automatically crop. It was working fine up till a couple of days ago.
    Have I turned something off, has anyone else had this problem?
    PS: I did not use the ALT button, which would give this same result
    Bob

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: CS5 Straighten tool

Are you straightening your image using the command Filters > lens correction > straighten? That is what i always use and it automatically crops the image for me after it was straightened. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jiro; 13th March 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Personally, I don't like the auto tool as it always wants to crop in a different place than I would.... I can use the manual rotate far more effectively. It's more work but allows me the freedom of choice.

No, I use the ruler and then the straighten button

Yep I am with Chris. I always crop manually. For straightening I use the dialog and superimpose a grid. I find it easier to make sure I am not using the wrong horizontal reference that way. Not a problem with water of course

I understand the way that you all like to use the crop tool. All I want to do is repair the link to my ruler / straighten tool. It just doesnt work as it previously did.
    Bob

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinstow View Post
    I understand the way that you all like to use the crop tool. All I want to do is repair the link to my ruler / straighten tool. It just doesnt work as it previously did.
    Bob
    I got your point, Bob. I tried to use the ruler tool to straighten an image and it did rotated it but it did not crop automatically. I have no idea what caused the error but I could probably contact Adobe in case they have an answer for the error. In the mean time, the use of the other option Filter > Lens correction > straighten did the cropping automatically for me.

thanx for that