Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lost cloud

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Lost cloud

Taken looking towards the Tallarook Ranges. The aim was to try and 'isolate' and bring forward the lone white cloud making it a 'stand alone' entity on a plane in front of its background, if that makes sense. Well, then, how about, "I took this shot because I liked the apparent 3D effect of the cloud in front of the hills?" And on that note I think I had better quit before the hole I am digging myself into gets any deeper
    Ken
    Lost cloud

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Lost cloud

Hi Ken,

Well I would say you achieved your objective. The diagonal shape of the shadows on the background hills provides a natural vignette for the cloud and creates an ampitheatre effect.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Hello Ken, I think your vision and the way you took this shot works. Maybe, with the help of some post-processing work, you can further enhance the image to make it stand out. I worked a little bit on your image and came up with this edit. I hope you don't mind.

Lost cloud

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Peter
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. Must admit that I was engrossed with the cloud to the point that any positive image input, from what you describe as an ampitheatre effect, was not intended and quite a serendipitous bonus; much as I would like to claim it was totally intentional.
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Jiro
    Went and tried a few manipulations along the lines you suggested. And found a couple that went well and really lifted the image towards what I was aiming to achieve. Thanks for your help.
    Ken