Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: No Trespassing...

Real Name
    Rachel

No Trespassing...

I have been feeling pretty uninspired lately to shoot anything, but went walking around downtown today and happened to pass this old building - even though I have wanted to, I've never taken the time to stop and take any pics of it, but today I did and this shot I'm pretty pleased with.. C&C most welcome
    No Trespassing...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: No Trespassing...

I like that. The whole sense it gives of 'Stay Out', 'You're not welcome', is quite powerful. It's like 'they' have linked arms to keep 'us' out.

I think you've perhaps achieved that by getting right up close and 'in-your-face' with the chainlink fencing. It's a sort-of disturbing image. Nice. well done.

rob marshall

Rachel

It pays off to do a walk-about with the camera. You think you aren't going to see anything, but you always do. My 'Wales' shots come from just wandering for an hour or two. It's fun too.

Real Name
    Rachel

Donald, thank you, that dark disturbing effect is what I wanted so I'm happy to know I got it! I plan to also convert this one and a couple of the others to black and white to see how they come out...

Rob, yes it does, that's how I have the majority of my photos, I never leave home without my camera and since I'm not working at the moment, I spend hours every day walking about looking for things to shoot... today is the first in a while that I felt something... Your "wales" shots are great!