Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Gothic Bank

Real Name
    Peter

The Gothic Bank

As part of my quest for images around Melbourne for the DVD I walked through a bank in Collins St with classic gothic architecture. You cannot photograph inside the banking chambers (for security reasons) but out the back they have a chamber they call The Cathedral where people can spend some quiet time and photography is allowed.

C & C welcome.

The Gothic Bank

Real Name
    Chris

Re: The Gothic Bank

Maybe a teensy bit overexposed...and maybe not. I can't seem to make up my mind but I know there is something slightly irregular about the exposure to suit my tastes...

Looks like a neat place. I was watching a program on the tube the other night where they were showcasing an American couple moving to Melbourne and buying a house in what they called an "upscale" neighborhood...$900,000 US for what here would sell for $120-160,000 US...how does anyone afford to live in Australia?

Real Name
    Paul

Very cool, I do see what I think Chris is seeing. Almost looks as if I can't quite see all the detail due to exposure but does not really look over exposed if that makes sense. Nice job at what looks like a possible tricky exposure.

Real Name
    Peter

Yep, this was a tricky one as all the tones were very similar and all the detail very fine but it had a peace and tranquility about the place all the same.

Living 'down under' isn't too bad on a daily basis but housing prices are very strong mainly due to lack of supply. I should add that property prices in fact went up during the GFC and not down like most in the USA and Europe.
    Last edited by Peter Ryan; 10th March 2011 at 03:52 AM.

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Looks like a neat place. I was watching a program on the tube the other night where they were showcasing an American couple moving to Melbourne and buying a house in what they called an "upscale" neighborhood...$900,000 US for what here would sell for $120-160,000 US...how does anyone afford to live in Australia?
    It's not too bad if you're already in the market but I doubt my two teenage boys will ever be able to afford a house anywhere near the city (Brisbane). I was out and about last weekend looking (for no reason) at land prices. A new estate on Brisbane southside has 400 sqm blocks for $300,000