Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Back in action

Real Name
    Jason

Back in action

hey all,
    So its been a crazy few months and I havent picked up my camera... until today. I finally had the chance to explore my new surroundings. anyway I like these two from earlier and would love some c&c.

Back in action

This one i wasnt crazy about but its an idea i was trying to work out.

Back in action

thanks everyone
    -Jason

Real Name
    james

Re: Back in action

Jason when I look at your second image a phrase from my past came to mind "in through the out door". I like both your images,there is art in the architecture.

Real Name
    Mario

I like the way my eyes go bouncing aling the greens in the first image. The 2nd image looks like something I'd attempt without knowing what I really wanted to get out of it. Welcome Back! glad to have you.

Real Name
    Jason

with the second photo, I was trying to make it look like a street corner by using the reflection in the window. i feel like the composition was less than ideal but i wasnt sure exactally how to make it work. With the first one i feel like i got mostly what i wanted out of it but i didnt want to stand and take pictures of a stranger for too long. That photo was the first of a set of about ten.
    thanks again

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The contrast between the straight and the wavy lines in #1 make for an interesting set of lines and shapes.

What do you think it would look like if you took about a third off the bottom (just to where that middle strip starts to rise from the edge of the frame) and off the right hand side - concentrating attention solely onto those lines and shapes?

ps - Good to see you back in action.
    Last edited by Donald; 2nd March 2011 at 05:16 PM.

Real Name
    Jason

Donald- I see what you are saying. I did the crop and did a little cloning to somewhat get rid of the sitting guy. Cropping in from the right also helped with some of the busyness of the top right corner. here is the result

Back in action

This one is from earlier today and i would love to get some c&c on it. I think its better to not think of it as a photograph but as some sort of camera assisted painting. I basically held my camera up to the view finder of one of those coin operated binoculars that are usually bolted to the ground in tourist locations. The orange spot is the ring of the eye hole glowing from the sun which was to the back of me.

Let me know what you guys think

Back in action

thanks,
    Jason

Real Name
    Chris

too tight...loses the guy and small as he is, he is the main focal point...I'd blur the background and keep that side in the frame. I am sure without a great deal of effort (and this wasn't much but done to show the point), you could vastly improve upon this half-a effort.

Back in action
    Last edited by MiniChris; 3rd March 2011 at 02:21 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

I am with Donald on this one and in fact would like to see you lose all of the background interuption and right hand side and just fill the frame with the shapes and lines but thea might mean taking it again from a slightly wider angle.