Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Night Time

Real Name
    Ian

Re: Night Time

1.A night shot, love these. Pretty well exposed, considering the great variety of lighting intensities, this is nicely produced. My minor comment would be that I am looking for a definite focal point to aim for, though as a general cityscape, this is good.

2. Beautiful sky, the neon detracts a bit and I think I would crop in closer on the right as the part completed building skeleton does little for the overall look of the image, but again overall a nice shot.

3. My least favourite here I am afraid. The object/window frame on the right hand side needs cropping out, and I am left wondering is the focal point the beautiful sky, the plane or the baggage handlers?

4. Again a nice sunset, maybe pulling the shot around to the left a little and losing some of the sea on the right would improve the shot. With sunsets, the intensity of the light can varying tremendously as the sun goes down and even when it is over the horizon some interseting effects are to be seen, so it is a time when I keep shooting and at the same time go into manual and bracket the shots to vary the effects.

Just my thr'pence worth I'm afraid. Hope it helps though.

Ian

I keep going back to the first one, I must say it's my favourite, but with the 2nd a close 2nd. I really like cityscapes. Only thing I notice is it's a tiny bit fuzzy and maybe apply sharpening. I guess it was handheld from the exposure time and high iso. Here is a quick edit but I'm sure you could do a much more refined job especially with time and the original size image.Night Time

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanbogor View Post
    [

Night Time
    Hi Iwanbogor, so it seems you visited Switzerland, did you like it?

Cheers,
    Daniel
    Last edited by Daniel Salazar; 27th January 2009 at 12:02 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Ok, I have obviously led a sheltered existence thus far - I am only used to multi-story car parks that are say, 6 floors high.

I cannot believe how tall this one must be, it must take 1/2 hour to drive down, or is it by lift?

Gobsmacked,

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Ok, I have obviously led a sheltered existence thus far - I am only used to multi-story car parks that are say, 6 floors high.
    Heck, here in Nelson we don't have ANY car parks that aren't at ground level. (Bet it almost makes you wonder how often the stagecoach comes through the town to deliver supplies & mail!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post

I cannot believe how tall this one must be, it must take 1/2 hour to drive down, or is it by lift?

Gobsmacked,
    I can just imagine all the cars trying to get out at once after a big event.

Real Name
    Ian

We have only surface car parks in the nearest town too, but I first figured this was somewhere like Orlando, where I have probably encountered higher multistory car parks than elsewhere. Probably totally wrong on that one though....

There you do get a hell of a queue when Universal has an event and that ends. Just sit back and put the music on.... everyone gets out eventually.

Thank to all reaction, this another night time foto's

Night Time

Night Time