Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Apples and.......Brushed Stainless Steel!!

The Pigs Ear Set

I have been eying the reflections in the side of the microwave cooker for a while.

Apples and.......Brushed Stainless Steel!!

Last edited by Wirefox; 23rd January 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Apples and.......Brushed Stainless Steel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Masterful.

What was your thinking behind letting the bottom of the apple drift out of the bottom in #1 and #2? If I had been doing that (which, as you know, I haven't got the imagination to conceive of), then I would have been thinking that all of the apple needed to in the frame.

Re: Apples and.......Brushed Stainless Steel!!

What was I thinking. I have re-titled this thread 'The Pigs Ear Set'. This is what happens when you get carried away with an idea and forget to the aim is to produce a photograph rather than a dogs dinner. With the possible exception of the last image I can only say in my defence that I experienced a temporary loss of sanity. When I revisited this thread this morning I cringed and it made things worse that I had a some point I had seen fit to take the time to put a border around them and post them. So what happened?

Too many shots...I shot nearly 50 rather than my usual dozen per session.
    Laziness in PP. I cropped rather than cloned.
    Believing in the concept and assuming the photography would take care of itself
    Sloppiness in setting up the shot. I should have found a way to suspend the apple. As it was I simply placed it on an upturned measuring jug.
    Believing a background can sell an image. This can work but only if the subject is shockingly at odds with the background.

And a multitude of others. I do actually like the last image now I look at it. So that is one keeper from fifty.....less quantity more quality in future.

Donald, you have let me down far too gently. Perhaps you should have said "what in all that is sacred made you post this heap of manure'

I am now certainly excepting the last image as it is growing on me rather a lot.

So look and learn folks and always wait a day or two before posting.....not that I will ever stick to that