Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: From the office.

Real Name
    Paul

From the office.

If you happened to read my new member post then you know I have no office.....being a window cleaner by trade. My office today was the roof a customers home. My job often affords me views from a perspective not many ever see.

I was hopping to catch the early light. I got there just a little later than I wanted but I think it all worked out ok. What say you? C&C if you please.

From the office.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: From the office.

Look at those clouds, you are one lucky guy to see such views while doing your job, Paul! I like it. Even the way you cropped the shot is commendable. Always bring your camera with you on your 'work' so we can see more. Just don't forget to put safety first. Cheers!

Real Name
    Peter

Really nice Paul. I love the subtle tones in the water and clouds.

Real Name
    Paul

Thank you Jiro. I took this shot with the crop in mind, due to the evergreen tree tops which were poking up from below. I just could not get any higher and wanted a short forground anyway, as to showcase the sky. =} You can count on more for sure and always safety. =}

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks Peter, you must have snuck in there while I rambled. Here is another shot from this morning. This one is looking towards where I live, as I drove to the first job this is what I saw looking back. I just could not let the sky and fog bank go un captured.

From the office.
    Last edited by jeeperman; 20th January 2011 at 06:32 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

I understand it is very pretty around Seattle. I look forward to seeing more.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Look at those clouds, you are one lucky guy to see such views while doing your job, Paul! I like it. Even the way you cropped the shot is commendable. Always bring your camera with you on your 'work' so we can see more. Just don't forget to put safety first. Cheers!
    he might be arrested for espionage, I would check the rules of conduct of the buildings you are working in first before you bring a camera inside. Of course if you are working from the outside you have a mode of escape.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    From the office.
    Now, that is a cityscape! There's got to be a poster in that. Just a very, very nice image. If you haven't done so, click on it and view it larger in the light box - makes it even more impressive.

The fact that the boats have been strategically placed in the harbour just where they are (!), gives it a lot of strength. Tell us Paul - did you wait until they got into the positions they are in, or did you hit it lucky on timing, or were they at anchor?

This is so beautiful! Seattle is so beautiful! (Is that the space needle off to the left, there?) I want to go back - that area is one of my very favorites (but I've told you that before.)
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 20th January 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Real Name
    Paul

Thank you all for the nice comments!
    John, all of the "from the roof tops" type photos I do are from private residence. The home owners are jealous of my views, and they live there. lol

Donald, the boats were moving when I reached the top, the bardge in the nearest forground was at anchor. had to scury down the ladder to grab the camera. When I got back up I took 3 photos to be sure I captured what I wanted.
    Katy, yes it is the space needle. =} I agree it is beautiful here and on the right days it can be surreal.
    Last edited by jeeperman; 20th January 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I just could not let the sky and fog bank go un captured.

From the office.
    Indeed, I'm glad you didn't Paul.

Great shot,

Real Name
    Al

From the office.
    Personally, I like this shot more the the skyline shot. Both are very good, but this one has such a tranquil quality that I really love. Really nice composition and mood.

Real Name
    Peter

Thank you all for the nice comments!
    John, all of the "from the roof tops" type photos I do are from private residence. The home owners are jealous of my views, and they live there. lol
    You have a ready market for your images. Thought of selling them to your clients.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Beautiful shots Paul and very different to what most of us would see. You have a real eye for this and I'm looking forwards to more!

Real Name
    Paul

Peter... Thanks for the vote of confidence in that I could sell them. While I have "taken pictures" for a long time I only recently have gotten serious about my photography and still consider myself rather new. I have thought about what the future may hold for me along those lines and my current customer list is certainly a part of those thoughts. I have had my first DSLR for nearly 2 months now and a getting more comfortable all the time, but truth be told I have yet to print even one of my photos. I might want to get on that. lol
    Last edited by jeeperman; 21st January 2011 at 04:50 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

Printing is another learning curve althogether but very enjoyable watching the images come out of the printer. I still stand and watch them come out. Its like getting your packet of photos back from the lab.

Real Name
    Paul

Thank you Dave I am glad I stopped to take it as well.
    Al It was quite peaceful, I like that time in the morning.
    Kit, thank you. My photography is a work in progress...it is nice to hear I have made some.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    Printing is another learning curve althogether but very enjoyable watching the images come out of the printer. I still stand and watch them come out. Its like getting your packet of photos back from the lab.
    I was looking at the new Cannon 9000 the other day....Hmmmm

Real Name
    John

Peter... Thanks for the vote of confidence in that I could sell them. While I have "taken pictures" for a long time I only recently have gotten serious about my photography and still consider myself rather new. I have thought about what the future may hold for me along those lines and my current customer list is certainly a part of those thoughts. I have had my first DSLR for nearly 2 months now and a getting more comfortable all the time, but truth be told I have yet to print even one of my photos. I might want to get on that. lol
    I would think a realtor would like to use images like these.

Real Name
    Doug

Very nice Paul. I have a few shots of Seattle, but probably not that nice.