Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flood Control

Real Name
    Peter

Flood Control

I went past the local reservoir on the way home after the rains in Victoria. The weather system that created the floods in Queensland and NSW moved south into Victoria where I live. The reservoir just started releasing water in anticipation of much to come adding to the problems downstream but after heavy rains in September and December that broke the drought we are now waterlogged and everything that falls is running off into the rivers.

The first shot is a close up of the dirty, muddy water at the base of the spillway.

Flood Control

The second image is the cauldron of boiling, bubbling water in the river below the spillway.

Flood Control

C & C welcome.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Flood Control

Love that first shot Peter, just enough movement to make me feel I am right there and yet be sharp at the same time.

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Paul.

Real Name
    Mark

Love your work Peter but.......mine's bigger than yours Here in QLD we build real big spillways, not those tiny weeny one's you mexican's have!

We also have the big prawn, pineapple, cow and other embarrassing attractions

Flood Control

BTW this was Wivenhoe in October, 2 months before the floods!

Real Name
    Janis

I especially like the first one, Peter. I like how you have captured the two opposing directions of movement in a way that communicates the tension. Nice perspective, with the line from lower left to upper right. It is cool how the colour of the minerals is banded like it is in rock. I love rock. My favorite photo exhibition ever was Edward Burtynsky's "Quarries". Do you know that series? http://www.edwardburtynsky.com/

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks for your thoughful contribution Janis and as for you Mark well I will have to get a bigger one!