Real Name
    Peter

SeedHead

In the style of Karl Blossefeldt.

SeedHead

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: SeedHead

Very artistic. Was the graininess natural or just added on the post-processing?

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Very artistic. Was the graininess natural or just added on the post-processing?
    The grain was added as part of the PP to give an old film feeling.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Peter,

That certainly looks good.

The only issue I see, and it may have been deliberate, is that focus appears to be on the 'tip' closest to the camera, thus 'wasting' the DoF in front of that on fresh air, but if you didn't want it sharper near the back, then that's fine. The sharpness actually competes with the grain, hence my thought it might have been intentional.

I should also point out I have no idea what Karl Blossefeldt's style is like, I am just commenting as I see it.

Hope that's ok,

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Peter,

That certainly looks good.

The only issue I see, and it may have been deliberate, is that focus appears to be on the 'tip' closest to the camera, thus 'wasting' the DoF in front of that on fresh air, but if you didn't want it sharper near the back, then that's fine. The sharpness actually competes with the grain, hence my thought it might have been intentional.

I should also point out I have no idea what Karl Blossefeldt's style is like, I am just commenting as I see it.

Hope that's ok,
    Hi Dave,

I see what you mean about the focus. I did focus on the 'front' tip as I wanted to get the texture of the front facing part of the head sharp, not bothered about the rest, I have a leaning towards shots that have quite a lot of softfocus in them which is why I love the Lensbaby.

Here is a reference to Karl Blossefeldt if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Blossfeldt. I have one of his books 'The Complete Published Works', published by Taschen.

Peter