Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: After the harvest

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

After the harvest

Some comments are more then welcome...thanks!

After the harvest

Real Name
    Chris

Re: After the harvest

Good intentions, but not enough picture in the primary focus area....this works compositionally if you crop it in more tightly as per....(only as a suggestion)

After the harvest

but even then, it still begs for more image in focus, especially in the foreground. I like the reflection in the foreground.

Real Name
    Peter

Welcome to CiC mariejo. If you go back to your Profile you can include your first name under the heading Real Name and it will show up under the information at left of screen. It makes corresponding a bit more personal.

The shooting date tells me the settings were: -
    Lens – 150m
    Aperture: f5.6
    Shutter: 1/250th
    ISO: 100

In essence the shutter was well set for the focal length of the lens but with a 150m lens at f5.6 the DOF is to shallow to get much detail and hence the lack of image detail mentioned by Chris.

I assume you hand held the camera so if you increase the ISO to 400 your aperture could be stopped down to f11 and with hyperfocal focusing (which I think you used) you could probably have achieved a much more detail in the image.

It looks like it was shot in the nice late afternoon light and I can see you have used the furrowed field to create leading lines but I do not know what I am supposed to look at when I get there. I am struggling to find a central point of interest the focus on.

All images need a central point if interest and then just one so it stands out.

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Hey thanks Chris and Peter,

that was one of my first pictures with my new camera and I was trying to get the ' reflexion' part ( mid way ) as the focus of that picture! I was trying to get the ' line' as an approach so your eyes would follow them to get to the ' reflexion' part.! Ouf!!! So much to learn! LOL!! I really have to mastermind the DOF for that ! :0) Thank you so much !

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by mariejo View Post
    So much to learn!
    Marie-Josee

Yes. But the beauty of what you've just written is that it shows you're really thinking about what it is you're doing and wanting to achieve when you're looking through the viewfinder. And that's wonderful. Some times you'll get it right. Most of the time you won't (at first anyway). But it is all about exploring and learning.

And ... it's great to have your name into the side bar.

Real Name
    Peter

There are a lot of people who concentrate so hard on the technical bit when they start they forget to develop their vision. I concur with Donald thoughts. You are more than half way there if you know what it is you want to show in your images when you lift the camera to your eye. As you grow and learn more about post processing you will be able to pre-visualise the end result including how you want to process it and what the final result will look like.

I look forward to watching you develop your style.

Hi Marie-Josee,

I can see what you were trying to achieve and really like the idea and think it is a really good effort. I too look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Charlie.

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

You, all of you, are so nice!!! Just LOVE that site !!! thanks so much...! Sometimes, it feels intimidating when you look at all those wounderful pictures you just ' dream ' of achieving one day.!! thanks so much!!! Trying to learn!