Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first edited picture

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

My first edited picture

Hello, this is my cat and I did some mild editing...Please, let me know what you think ! thanks...My first edited picture

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: My first edited picture

Quote Originally Posted by mariejo View Post
    Hello, this is my cat and I did some mild editing.
    Mild ....!?

Marie Jo (I'm assuming that's your name)

As an example of a particular style/ approach to making images, I think it's very good. It takes it away from what most people would consider to be a photograph, but then that's more about how we perceive things. Good on you for experimenting with what's possible. I like the composition and the background works well.

My first impression didn't make me think so, but having looked at it now for a bit longer, the blown highlights on the side of the face and down the side of the body are, to my eyes, a bit overpowering. I think that if there had been a much reduced area blown out in this way, the image could have carried it. But, in proportion to the whole image, there's an awfully large percentage that is extreme white.

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Thanks Donald,

I said ' mild' as it's the only thing I did with that picture ( no crop even), so it's probably an english fault ( I speak french) I wanted to change the picture as if it was a ' cartoon' or else...I probably put too much of ' posterize'.. thanks for commenting!

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mariejo View Post
    Thanks Donald,

I said ' mild' as it's the only thing I did with that picture ( no crop even), so it's probably an english fault ( I speak french) I wanted to change the picture as if it was a ' cartoon' or else...I probably put too much of ' posterize'.. thanks for commenting!
    I am not normally a fan of posterization, mainly because of the subject matter, but I do not mind it in this shot and I think the overall composition and subject lends itself to this style.

Keep expressing yourself . It is very important to work on all styles so you can eventually develop YOUR style to express your vision.

No. It just doesn't work at all. I suggest you go back to the original and attempt a 'normal' edit of what may turn out to be a picture of a very nice cat.